1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Paint/Window Project... 56K Warning.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jasonmason, 28 Jan 2006.

1. jasonmason

jasonmason What's a Dremel?

This is a copy/paste from another forum.. so the post format will be a bit cluttered.

Shaddup.. I know I suck at keeping worklogs alive.. but I already have all my stuff for this project..

Teaser

[​IMG]

Red/Black theme.. i'm working on what pattern on the paintjob. Also gonna cut a window in it. More Tomorrow.

I know you guys have oodles of confidence in me completing this worklog since I have failed my last two.. So.. I post a picture of progress to hender these thoughts.

I sanded it down in prep for painting, though I probably won't paint today. It's been raining and its kinda cold.. I don't wanna take a chance.

Probably paint tomorrow if weather permits.

[​IMG]

edit:// prolly wont be able to paint til tuesday :(

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/27370?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

But whenever I can I'll do it and update. :D

[​IMG]

So there is my window idea. I saw no point in cutting on the left side because all you see is a heatsink. So... that plus my cuts im going to make on the top of the drive cover.

edit://

[​IMG]

Cut window and applied what was apparently a "clear" primer. As you can see I have changed my window idea.. the ole measure twice cut once thing came into play and i wouldve had to make the circle smaller and off centered to be centered with the spinning disk.. sooo I just did this.

[​IMG]

Not much of an update but I can't paint til friday because its too cold and I don't wanna have to repaint.. But I cut teh plex today and found out how awesome I am at "eyeballing it" There is no space whatsoever left over between the top of the ps2 lid and the top of the dvd drive. But its not to thick so no pressure on the drive. Next step.. cut drive cover. :)

[​IMG]

edit:// I started cutting on the dvd cover. But it got too cold and when my fingers started getting numb i stopped.. So its still very rough.. will smooth out tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Oh.. I peeled it back.. its a bit off the center but maybe one day when i am more confident in my etching skillz ill etch it :)

[​IMG]

It doesn't look to awful and lights should cheer it up.. Lights make everything look better.

Ok.. Base Paint 2 coats so far..

[​IMG]

Top..1 coat

[​IMG]

Top.. Second Coat

[​IMG]

Donno if I'm gonna do any more painting today or not.. Prolly wait overnight.. sand then apply more coats. More Later.

Double Post Yada Yada. Here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jasonmason

3. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

Yea i saw that earlier, was waiting for you to open up a log discussion. Paint job looks pretty good, hope you can fix all the burrs above the cd drive. Keep up the good work.

4. jasonmason

Yea.. it got cold on me the day I was working on that.. lol. I'll fix it within a couple days.