1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals PS3 Controller as Gamepad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SmilerAl, 30 Oct 2010.

1. SmilerAl

SmilerAl Terminate with extreme prejudice

Well my MS 360 Controller broke just after 4 months of occasional use on games like Batman. I can't get a refund and I want to avoid shelling out for another controller. Fortunately I have four PS3 controllers lying around but as they require unofficial drivers I'm a littler weary of downloading drivers as the last PS3 Driver I used kept giving me BSOD. Does any one have experience using custom drivers and know one for a PC using Windows 7 64 bit?

Thanks.

2. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

i cant help you with PS3 drivers...but if you have an extra PS2 controller laying around, i can offer you THIS dandy unit. ive been using one since...'04?...'05? and it works great. no drivers required and recognized by every game ive wanted to use it for thus far.

EDIT: thought im not sure where youd find one on your side of the pond....

SmilerAl likes this.
  3. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I use MotioninJoy. It's always worked for me no matter what I've played. Don't know if that helps you or not lol

4. SmilerAl

Thanks but I don't have a PS2 controller anymore.

+Rep

5. tj010480

tj010480 What's a Dremel?

not sure if the drivers i use will work on windows 7 but they worked on xp and vista fine, i have the drivers saved on my pc but i don't know where i got them from. File is called ps3sixaxis_en.exe ill have a scout around and try n find it later, never had any problem with them and weirdly enough i mainly use them to play with an n64 emulator - feels strange playing goldeneye with a ps3 pad!

6. SmilerAl

Well I've been trying out MotionJoy and it requires manual calibration, it's been bit of a struggle.

7. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I've been using MotionInJoy, but I haven't had any calibration issues (I just use the built-in windows gamepad calibration for the analogue sticks, but 99% of the time absolutely no calibration is needed). Or do you mean button mapping rather than calibration? There are a couple of preset profiles, including one that mimics the 360 controller, if you don't want to set up a custom mapping.

8. SmilerAl

Sorry button configuration. In the guide from the site they said to put it into Analog Gamepad 3 and it was horrible, then when I set it to mimic a 360 controller it was just fine, no idea why they just didn't let me set it as that.

9. tj010480

tj010480 What's a Dremel?

10. SmilerAl

Thanks I'll keep that in mind just in case I change my mind about MJ. :thumb: