1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revenge on the telesales!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Harrybo, 4 Sep 2008.

1. Harrybo

Harrybo GAMER

I got this sent to me by a friend and I thought it was a really good idea so I thought I would pass it onto my favourite forum :)

post back if you like it!

HOW GOOD IS THIS ?
    REVENGE ON THE TELESALES PESTS

Three Little Words That Work!!

(1) The three little words: 'Hold On, Please...'
    Saying this, while putting down your phone and walking off (instead of hanging-up immediately) would make each telemarketing call so much more time-consuming that boiler room sales would grind to a halt.

Then when you eventually hear BT's 'beep-beep-beep' tone, you know it's time to go back and hang up your handset .... You have efficiently completed your task.

These three little words could help eliminate telephone soliciting.

(2) Do you ever get those annoying phone calls with no one on the other end?

This is a telemarketing technique where a machine makes phone calls and records the time of day when a person answers the phone.

This technique is then used to determine the best time of day for a 'real' salesperson to call back and get someone at home.

What you can do after answering: If you notice there is no one there, is to immediately start hitting your # button on the phone, 6 or 7 times, as quickly as possible. This confuses the machine that dialled the call and it kicks your number out of their system. Gosh, what a shame not to have your name in their system any longer!!!

3: When you get those 'pre-approved' letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and similar type junk, do not throw away the return envelope.

Most of these come with postage-prepaid return envelopes, right?

It costs them more than the regular postage 'IF' and when they are returned. It costs them nothing if you throw them away! In that case, why not get rid of some of your other junk mail and put it in these cool little, postage-prepaid return envelopes.

Send an advert for your local chimney sweeper to American Express . They might need one!
    Send a pizza coupon to HSBC ... in case their canteen packs up. You get the idea.

If you didn't get anything else that day, then just send them back their blank application form ... After all, it is their form!

If you want to remain anonymous, just make sure your name isn't on anything you return.

You can even send the envelope back empty if you want to just to keep them guessing! It still costs them, and it is their envelope after all .. You are just returning it!!!!

The banks and credit card companies are currently getting a lot of their own junk back in the post, but folks ..... We need to OVERWHELM them, in order to stop them.

Let's let them know what it's like to get lots of junk mail,
    And best of all they're paying for it ... Twice!

Let's help keep Royal Mail busy. Since the Royal Mail are saying that e-mail is cutting into their business profits, let's help them so they will not need to increase postage costs again. You get the idea!

If enough people follow these tips, it will work ---- maybe you'll get very little junk mail anymore.

THIS JUST MIGHT BE ONE E-MAIL THAT YOU WILL WANT TO FORWARD TO YOUR FRIENDS!!!!!!!

2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I like it.
    But having worked in a call centre for years the "hold on please" method could get some one sacked since the call system likely records releases (hanging up) and agents with high numbers of these get in trouble and agents with high talk times also get sacked.

Best thing to do is sign up too the TPS this cuts down on most calls and some spam post.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Typically, I just hang up. I don't have time to be insulted by someone.

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

luls :D

5. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

very very true. is awesome. also, on the TPS website:

6. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

The idea of this text is to try to not only sack them, but put the whole industry out of business. Obviously a lot of twats pricks nazis ***** salespeople are going to be punished be executed lose their jobs AND THEY DESERVE IT .

Ahem.

They'll just need to find a proper job. I hear there is a great need for social workers in Alaska these days...

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

What about qualified council workers in Chichister?

Apparently they need people qualified to wear wellies and a harness!

8. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Ohh very good sir! Wanna join my company? I'm going to start an agency for re-introducing criminals marketeers to society the workmarket.

I'm still deciding on a name though...
    Call of Duty?
    End of the Line?
    Flatliners?
    Rolecall?`
    Get a decent job you ****

9. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

LAMO

10. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

I love sales calls, i find it greatly amusing to mess with them.

My favourite is just say 'yes' and only 'yes' to everything they say, these one sided conversations can go on for suprising amounts of time.

Alternatively pick up the phone and scream "OH THANK GOD!!, PLEASE HELP ME, HE HAS A KNIFE" then hang up.

:D

11. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

Only to find out its your mother on the other end of the line... 3 minutes later 50 cop cars surround your house

12. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

13. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Can't wait to try some of them!

My favorite though is answering the call centres with 'No hablo ingles' or some other variation of 'I don't speak english' in other languages then hanging up.

14. proweb

proweb More is Always Better!!!

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

2 words: Air Horn :thumb:

EDIT: 2 more: Ear Defenders

Last edited: 7 Sep 2008
  16. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Man thats excellent I love that Link :)

17. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

I have been getting recordings lately but as soon as a live person wakes me up in the middle of the day I am going to give it to them. For those of you who don't work 3rd shift imagine someone trying to sell you satellite TV service at 3am, would you be angry?

18. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

I signed up to this and it did NOTHING to stop the calls.

I think I'll be using the methods above from now on

19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Or you can say: "I'm VERY interested in your offer. But, uh, I have recently been declared bankrupt and have two county court judgments outstanding against me... would this be a problem?". :D

20. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

I'm on the "No Call List" in my state. Yet, I keep getting calls from credit card companies who scheme to transfer high balances onto their card. I pay mine off (in total) each month, so I'm just honest with them.

I hold after the recorded call says to hang on to speak to a representative. I go through the whole routine. When they ask what kind of balance that I was thinking of transferring, I tell them honestly that I pay mine off each month so I don't pay interest. Usually, there is click and a disconnect tone a few seconds later.

It may be a waste of time, but I hate these tactics and who they represent. This doesn't deter them, however, so I do just hang up fairly often.

:wallbash::wallbash: