1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Screen blurry in the middle

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by zhangmaster12, 10 May 2009.

1. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

The middle of my screen is a bit blurry. Just a teensy bit, but its really pissing me off. Anybody know a solution? Im on win 7.

On my 22 inch hassg, the bold part is blurry.
    The right and left are OK, just middle is a bit fuzzy/blurry.

Also, ive figued out its my screen problem, not pc. Tried it on my laptop (win 7b 7068) which has nvidia win 7 certified drivers and got same problem. also tested in winXP, same problem. Could this be a problem with the cable? I DO NOT WANT TO RMA!

Last edited: 10 May 2009
  2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

3. zhangmaster12

Cleartype setting manager thing is built in in win7. Already tried, didn't help. The font on the sides were OK, but in the middle, still fuzzy.

heres a photo, its really hard to notice on the photo, u need to zoom in a bit. U will see that the word due is much fuzzier that the word LCD and I made sure that both are focused on the camera.

http://file-city.co.uk/files/zhangmaster12/Photo.zip

4. thehippoz

if you take a prtscn and paste it into paint or something.. compare that to what you see on screen.. if it's just in the middle- are you sure it's not scaling.. like you have your monitors native resolution set for the desktop?

* looked it up.. all I can think of is set the desktop resolution to 1680x1050- at 60hz refresh rate and see what you get

5. zhangmaster12

When I prntscreen, then copy the image to my laptop, everything is fine.

I just changed the cable, and the fuzzy spot just moved left -_-. I guess its the cable? Should I just buy a dvi cable and use that instead of vga?

Now the fuzzy spot is the bold.

Im thinking of buying this dvi cable, but only if u guys think it'll help.

setting to 1680-1050 @60hz didn't change a thing either. This is really annoying.

6. thehippoz

ah cool.. looks like you got it.. yeah might well get a dvi or hdmi cable if your buying a new one- either one it's the same just hdmi carries audio

7. zhangmaster12

no hdmi port on the monitor. I have this one. Yea, Im a cheap *******.

hopefully the dvi-d will sort things out. Guess I just have a ton of faulty cables in my house.

FUDGE!!
    Just tried same cables with different screen, and everything worked without fuzzynesss. I think the screens just fuxored. AND, im not willing to rma. F U HannsG! Im getting dell next time! :wallbash:

should waited 3 weeks for this. And I realized that I cant RMA b/c there arent any dead pixels. FML.

8. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

wait, don't get in a tizzy. some panels react differently to analogue cables, it's a hideous mess really - i've gotten all sorts of different results with one cable and different monitors, and different cables with same monitors.

see what happens with a DVI cable first; i'm hopeful it will improve your image :)

for the record, HDMI is electrically equivalent to DVI (i.e it carries the same signal!), just with a couple extra pins for audio and a different connector. don't worry that you don't have it :)

9. zhangmaster12

Well, those are some happy words Fod!

I was studying for the SAT's earlier, thats enough to put anybody in a funk.

Ill order the cable today or tomorrow. This "blurryness" is really only annoying when reading text, not noticable in games or videos.

Found a syba Gold plated cable on newegg, will be gettin that.

10. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

The gold's not gonna help...! It's a digital signal, not like VGA. Hopefully the DVI will solve it though!

11. antasari

antasari What's a Dremel?

When you're using an analogue cable like VGA, you sometimes have to fidget with the screen's "phase" or "clock" settings.

If your screen has such a control, remember what it is currently set to and then try shifting it a lot: you'll probably see the fuzzy vertical banding effect get a lot worse. Since your current setting is only slightly fuzzy, nudging the phase very slightly may solve your problem without needing a digital cable.

I'm no expert, but roughly the idea is that, with an analogue cable, the monitor clock is failing to quite synchronise with the graphics output clock and sometimes adjusting manually can get a better result.

But a digital signal down a DVI cable should solve the problem automatically anyway.

12. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Yeah I get this will my Dell 2405. If i put certain vga cables in it looks awful and vaguely blurred, but they're fine with other monitors or my projector. A standard DVI should fix it.

RwD