1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Silverstone branches out

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 9 Jan 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Thats slideshow thing looks quite interesting!

3. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

Neato stuff. especially about the sideshow/portable media player combo.

4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

It certainly does look good, might have a noosey around silverstones website later to look for it, if its there.

Sam

5. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

What I find kind of funny is the second to the last pic has what looks to be an Enermax Caesar keyboard there. Using one of their competitor's products. :hehe: It'd be cool if Silverstone would put out their own aluminum keyboard to match along with their chassis.

6. Whalemeister

Whalemeister is so hot right now!

Interesting indeed, remote and MP3/Slidshow!!! I want one, anyone know european or UK prices?

7. salesman

salesman Minimodder

I'm going to read up on that case

8. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

This audio thing - You do not need any amplifier any more right? You can connect it right to the speakers, right? And you can also connect some headphones at the same time? There is also no need for a high-end soundcard? OMG if that is true it is extreme cheesecake.

9. hawky84

hawky84 SilentModder

I like the DAC idea it is by far the best way to get music from the PC.

I've been using a Theta DAC which takes the optical out from the onboard sound card, then from the Theta DAC to my amp. I have tried a direct comparison between my Theta CD transport playing a CD against a FLAC file I made from the same CD and even though both CD transport and PC go thorugh the Theta DAC, the CD transport still sounds better. I thought with the lack of moving parts (the CD mech) FLAC would come off better

10. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Hey guys, just wanted to give a couple answers to the questions here. The Sideshow device is due out in late Q1, you can guarantee I'll have it in hands for a review around the same time. The price on both sides is unsure, but I was told that the target is to hit "under $200 USD."

The EB02 (speaker connection) is indeed an amplifier - therefore, you need nothing else. You hook it directly to the speakers. It can be fed via the EB01 DAC or via your headphone jack if you don't want to buy the EB01. It takes away some of the cool potential, but it will function separately (whereas the EB01 needs the EB02 or another amp to work).

11. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

So you don't need a good sozund card if you got the EB01 DAC right? It would probably cost about the same but maximise quality right?

12. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

aye, the sideshow is cool! the price is nice if its indeed under $200.

no picture on the mouse?

hmmm... TJ-10.... too bad those darn things are so freakin expensive :(

i have a TJ06 and TJ04 at home :)

13. myhottrashcan

myhottrashcan Just some guy

Glad someone's attempting to use sideshow. It was beginning to look a bit useless.

On the DAC end, I've had something similar for a few years. It's a only a headphone amp though, however it gets power via usb, and has nice crisp digital sound, so there's no expensive internal card hogging my PCI space!

14. 3.5SE

3.5SE What's a Dremel?

The sideshow device looks sweet. I'd be in for one at least if it comes in around the $200 mark. It will look cool in my TJ09. Too bad it won't fit in my Silverstone LC17 HTPC case.

15. Naberius

Naberius What's a Dremel?

I have always liked silverstone, so its nice to see them branching out into other area's, just looking forward to seeing this stuff hit the market.

16. 3000MACHINES

3000MACHINES What's a Dremel?

Looks like a lot of good product, i specially like, the audio unit and the slideshow unit, Silverstone is going to become more bigger than ever with all this product. I will keep an eyes on it !

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Removable sideshow screen that doubles as remote/portable media player?!?

OMFG. NEEEEEEED!!!!

18. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

Devices* ;)

Also the EB01 has been out for quite some time now (seeing as how I have one) and while it's quite good for music if you want any sort of post-processing, EAX, 5.1, etc you'll need to use your traditional sound card as the EB01 doesn't support it. Also the EB01 uses a Burr-Brown 2072 which only supports 16-bit and is powered through the USB instead of higher-end USB dac's which employ a separate power supply.

Tags: Add Tags