1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards So... Can I buy Sandy Bridge yet?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Spikey101, 15 Mar 2011.

1. Spikey101

Spikey101 What's a Dremel?

Just been reading last months custom PC before this months comes so i'm a bit late but i've decided to go Sandy bridge but I can't find any info on if it's safe to upgrade. Have the faults on new boards being sold been fixed?

I'm planning on going for the i7 2600k but not sure on the board... Probably the Asus as I have had good ones from them in the past. Is it safe to buy these things now? Scan says nothing about them being faulty anymore on their site, or not that I can find!

Thanks guys

2. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

It's all clear, and scan are only selling the fixed B3 motherboards now.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

3. Spikey101

Fantastic thanks dude! Sandy bridge here I come!

4. rob the bank

rob the bank What's a Dremel?

Yep all UK stock should be B3, only need to be careful with OCUK, as these were the only guys who sold there old stock instead of sending them back to the manufactures.
    So they may still have some Rev 1 boards.

5. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

They seem to still have old R1 stuff in stock, but do advertise all B3 stock.

Just ordered an i7 2600k 8Gb ram and a P8P67 Pro from them 2 hours ago... will be fun :)

6. Spikey101

Great thanks for the info people, ive been searching around a lot now.

Bit more help... Is it worth buying deluxe versions of boards? To be honest im starting to learn more about hardware but mobos are still out of my league. I wanted to get the Asus P8P67 board, which version of that board is the best to get? I will be doing amateur overclocking on air so I dont need tons of OCing gadgets. I really don't have a clue.

Can anyone help? Thanks people!

7. microsoftPerson

microsoftPerson What's a Dremel?

Each one of the versions of that board has slightly different features. I ended up choosing the Pro version for the SLI support should I choose to get a second card. It's a good board for an 'amateur overclocking' session because it can completely automate the process.

You can pretty much follow my signature as a guideline as it pretty much mirrors the last couple months of build recommendations from Bit-Tech. The SSD gives the system an amazing performance boost. You could go with higher frequency RAM but try to find RAM with similar latency values. Also, don't make the mistake I did and install the stock heatsink with the processor as it does not provide ideal performance for overclocking whereas the processor does. Gelid Tranquilo for silence. FrioOC for best overclock.

8. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

:duh:

Last edited: 26 Apr 2011
  9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yup so long as it says B3. Although, IIRC, didn't it say something in Custom PC about MSI being a bit odd and saying 'B3 ready' rather than tagging the motherboards with B3?

Carrie likes this.
  10. Spikey101

On scan the board is labelled as this: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3. I assume thats revision 3? That the same meaning as B3?

Think i'll go for the pro, deluxe is maybe overkill.

Anyone know anything about the sabertooth? It looks pretty wild.