1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V some sound help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Falkram, 15 May 2004.

1. Falkram

Falkram What's a Dremel?

Hey guys. I need a little help on a couple things. This summer around the end of july, early august, i'll be getting a nice $1000 check. I intend to put this money into 2 things. One, a nice 5.1 speaker setup for my laptop to be in my dorm room in college (ie: logitech Z-680's, or the klipsch gmx 5.1) both of which are about the same price. I'm also looking to get a new sound system for my car. I went to crutchfield's site trying to get some info for my car. Only, one problem. The enclosures in my door panels are 5"x9" and the smallest speakers they have are 5 1/4". Now, I like their site, because with my speakers they'll also send instructions as to how to do it myself, which is good for what would then be a poor just out of high school kid. Just for a little more background for you guys. I'll be puttin in 2 6 1/2" midrange speakers in the rear enclosures, and 2 12" subs in a box in the trunk. So something in the door panel would be real nice.

Now my questions are these: which speakers are better quality, the logitech or the klipsch setup, and what do you guys think I could do about the situation with my door panels?

thanks in advance guys

Falkram

2. overfloe

overfloe What's a Dremel?

i will take the klipsch over the logitech.. klipsch sounds better IMO