1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows SPACE RPG ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kierax, 13 Mar 2008.

1. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

Hey chaps I am after a SPACE rpg game, since Star Trek online is due out later this year it perked an interest, I know about EVE online and just been to download their Windows trial but the server is down and has been since last night from what I am told. Also I find little information on total costs per year.

Is their any FREE SPACE BASED RPG games which are online that are out there?

2. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

The EVE server is back up now. Give it a go, it sounds like exactly what you want. :)

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Not free. :p

4. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

That is my point and when I tried to go and get the free 14day trial just now I have to enter all my details again of course I just did this so it won't accept them I have emailed their tech support, is their any other games or am I stuck till ST-Online comes out and should just got get GUILDWARS to get into the whole RPG world from FPS gaming of which I am getting tired of.

5. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

eve is 12 or 13 quid a month. ITs a grat game...best to join a clan...cause it takes AGES to get into and can be very confusing.

As for free err...wasnt there that tribes kinna game from sony? sorry forgot the name.(planetside)

6. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

WHAT?

I pay about that for my cable tv and phone together per month :eeek: I'd expect it per flaming year for that much, I play Test Drive Unlimited and the whole game cost me £14.99.

7. Loz

Loz Blah Blah

World of Warcraft costs ~£9 per month, and they charge you to buy the game first. EVE is free to download. They don't have the economies of scale of WoW either.
    MMORPGs cost money to run, it's that simple.

8. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Yeah, I bet they dont make any money out of it ;)

9. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

I may try Guildwars I've heard thats free and while not as good in some peoples eyes as WOW or Eve online it would be an opening for me into MMORPG gaming as of now I have never tried them.

10. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Eve Online is $15 US per month; with the number of online retailers providing game time codes, you can purchase it for exactly that much (meaning its about 7 quid per month if you buy in one month intervals), and take advantage of exchange rates.

11. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

well i don't know if its Exactly what your looking for but gmod10 has an addon thats like you build your own space ship and you launch it and you can build space stations and stuff. not sure how popular it is on line tho.

12. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

guild wars rocks, WoW is costly, the graphics are awful and it basically takes no skill at all its all hack and slash. Guild wars requires that you ACTUALLY think about the way you put your skills together not sure about eve online I've never played it

13. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

It's been said on many occasions that "Eve Online is a spreadsheet game."

Read into that how you will ;)

14. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Dude, just buy Freelancer for £2 or X3: Reunion for £10.

15. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

It has the worst grind of any MMO I've played...Mining. How anyone can say that is entertainment is beyond me. That said the game is truely epic. You most definitely need to form or join a corporation. You can play single player, but it restricts severly what you can accomplish in the game (damn piwats.:D ).

16. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Pffft, carebear ;)

Run missions, or spend the first day training warp disruption L1 and go piewating in lowsec (expect to die horribly too :naughty:)

17. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

ok I just played Eve its a BLATANT remake of Elite from the early 80's only real difference is that its multi player and elite wasn't (was no internet to speak of at the time) then they just updated the missions and graphics

18. ryanjleng

ryanjleng ...

i was lost in the world of X3. Looks impressive but did not have enough time to pick it up before loosing interest.

19. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

mass effect

its on xbox 360, out on pc in may

Tags: