1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition DRM explained

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 May 2011.

1. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Why do capcom need to get peoples feedback? They already know people will hate it but they will go ahead with it anyway.

2. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

FAIL.. I guess I won't be buying that if that's what they end up using for DRM ..... I should probably jsut stick to buying the original SF4 on Steam

3. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

I don't see how this is going to stop people pirating it? The DRM will be cracked before the game is even out so it only annoys the people who actually buy it (as usual).

4. the-beast

the-beast What's a Dremel?

I fully agree with this statement.

Nothing more is needed or wanted. If capcom go ahead with their planned drm then they can count me out as a customer straight way

5. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

No Capcom, no way....

6. Hardware150

Hardware150 Minimodder

Already own the original street fighter 4 on steam, was gunna buy this, so glad i didn't preorder it already.

Heres hoping that they'll remove the drm in a patch like CD Projekt just have with the retail version of the witcher 2......

7. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

F***ing retarded.

If SSF4 has this implemented and fails miserably maybe they will be more reasonable for future releases that I actually might purchase? Better they get this crap out of their system now than when they have a product I actually want to buy.

8. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

wont that game die already?
    I got bored of that in the arcade 15 years ago.

9. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Won't buy. Won't pirate. Ninja'd lost sale.

10. ev1lm1nd666

ev1lm1nd666 What's a Dremel?

Bloated, useless DRM is the reason i'm moving towards console gaming at the moment. I love pc gaming, but console games are coming down in price so i'm only paying £5 more for the console version over the pc version which i'm happy to do to get around the issues mentioned above. I know what i'm doing isn't helping the pc gaming situation, but i really can't be arsed to install a game only to have to spend up to 45 minutes creating an account with ubisoft etc before i can even play the bloody thing. pirates and hackers are going to continue breaking and pirating games so why not bring the prices of games down, go back to a one time internet activation, scrap GfWL, and instead of a paltry slap in the face, give us a decent single player experience plus multi-player instead of a quick demo and multi player?

11. kylew

kylew What's a Dremel?

It takes you 45 minutes to create an account? Are you really slow at typing? It doesn't take 45 minutes to download most of my games on Steam, and I don't believe it really does take you anywhere near 45 minutes.

By all means, keep buying console games, you don't have to justify it to anyone, especially not by waffling on about greatly exaggerated things.

12. impar

impar Minimodder

13. dactone

dactone dact-one

They should just use steam as DRM,if there going down the always on internet connection route, all them people with a connection will be able to access steam.

14. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Oh ant btw if this is capcom's attempt at concentrating on the PC by doing what they always do, rehashing exactly the same game with more characters then I really hope this game gets pirated to hell. I won't be buying or pirating this game but the idea of concentrating on a platform by rehashing the same games is insulting.

15. Keivz

Keivz What's a Dremel?

I never had a problem with this DRM scheme. Played SC and AC II without any problems. Though the games still seem to get pirated/cracked, there must be some benefit to the publishers to use it I assume. Either way, if it means more capcom games for PC then i'm 100% for it.

16. AstralWanderer

AstralWanderer What's a Dremel?

It may be worth noting that Witcher 2 Patch 1.1 removes all DRM from the retail releases and includes the Troll Trouble DLC.

As for Capcom, given the grief they've given their PS3 customers and now propose to inflict on PC users, I hope they go bankrupt ASAP and leave the market open for a more enlightened publisher.

17. Ross1

Ross1 What's a Dremel?

GFWL really is a piece of ****. I think any of us who tried playing GTAIV on steam were fairly pissed at it.

18. JA12

JA12 What's a Dremel?

I'm not going to play this game; I'm not going to buy it and I'm not going to download the drm-free version. That's because I've lost my interest for games. I don't want to run pile of crapware anymore and continuously keep buying new hardware to be able to do so.

And yet games industry counts me as a lost sale because of piracy, when their next statistics comes out :D

19. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Same here. I've gone from buying around 10 games a year and am now at two for the last year.

20. Romirez

Romirez What's a Dremel?

Perhaps Capcom should consider that a choice between paying £40-50 for a defective product, or getting a flawless version for free, isn't actually much of a choice.

I certainly won't consider buying any game that requires an internet connection for anything other than its online features, and with the way DRM is going it looks like my days of gaming may be coming to their end.

Tags: Add Tags