1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Take-Two suing 3D Realms over DNF

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 May 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Surely they should have noticed several years ago that DNF was going nowhere? Seems like this effort is a little too late...

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Some leaked footage of DNF has started appearing on the web. It looks far from finished, but they had some awesome ideas.

4. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

its been a running joke for years now you would have thought someone would have cottened on earlier

5. Kasius

Kasius Bringin' the dremolition

Take-Two are going to suffer a very slow and painful death.. I hope to be there to see it!

6. jim48509

jim48509 What's a Dremel?

A law suit will probably take forever as well.

7. FatMikel

FatMikel Statistically not that fat...

This is fair enough, I feel. Hopefully Take Two will get some of their money back. If it was EA, I'd care less, but Take Two generally publish fairly good games.

8. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

If that game came out, I would surely buy it... Always loved the Duke, a game with so many years in development... they must of had GREAT ideas for the game... I don't think that they we're scratching their balls for that long... I just hope Take Two gets the franchise and just make the damn game...

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Good luck with getting anything.

At best they can pick up the Duke franchise, I expect.

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Please don't give them the franchise. Rather let the Duke die now. If it's not developed by 3D Realms/Apogee it just won't be the same. :(

11. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I hope they get that. And i really think Take two was kind of "benevolent" believing in 3d realms. I think they DESERVE their money back.

Anyway, i hope some SERIOUS developer take over Duke.... As long as it's not Bethesda... Can you imagine? Oblivion with guns and Aliens?
    It would be like hearing Duke saying:
    "Your mommy is ugly" to an alien instead of "I am here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I am out of gum!"

Is it obvious that i hate Bethesda?

12. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

Take Two don't really deserve compensation at this point. It was clear about six years ago that this game was not going to materialise but they kept pouring money into it. Heck, I was looking through the penny arcade archives the other day and they were making jokes about that game 9 years ago.

13. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Yup!

If they don't use Jon St. John for Dukes voice, it's pointless to even make the game. His voice is unique to the industry and defines Duke. I'd rather Duke Nukem die off then become a casual lame cash cow like Fallout 3. It also has to have an epic DukeMatch (multiplayer). Do it right or not at all.

14. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

The game playing public knew DNF was a running joke. 3D Realms probably knew it was nothing more than a joke. It started to look like a joke 11 long years ago. Take-Two must be the only people on earth who believed this game would be finished and released. They don't deserve a penny from 3D Realms. What they deserve is a slap for being so bloody stupid for investing anything in the game. IDIOTS!

15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

QFT!

16. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

lol they got pawned :)

Did they really think DNF was a real investment?

3D Realms would have been laughed out of the Dragons Den. :)

17. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

3DRealms blew it. They were one of the leading companies in the FPS gaming industry and because of George Broussard they died. They should of released DNF on the HL engine (Most complete Duke Build) back in 01 and then started working on another Duke.

Last edited: 15 May 2009
  18. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

I remember Duke from N64. What was it... Zero Hour? That was a fun multiplayer game.

19. The_EXorcist

The_EXorcist Possibly Australian

i think if Take-Two get hold of DNF they should make the build to at least HL2 standards, keep the overall DNF gameplay and release it, make one hell of an overdue game, but a game of most likely EPIC proportions, if they get it out and have at very most just half the success of CoDMW then it'll be enough to ensure that Duke lives on

20. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

so wait Take-Two goes from offering 30mil last week to buy the DNF franchise to now suing them?

Tags: Add Tags