1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Tech job market shrinks by 40 percent

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Mar 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

IT: the nessissary evil :duh:

retarded public are retarded

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The trouble is it'd cost a firm far more in the long run to re-hire/re-train someone (who would also expect more in salary) rather than keep someone on.

I can see that they are trying to do something to please the board/shareholders, but whoever is on these boards should start to look at the bigger picture instead of being greedy and cutting and running all the time, basically destroying peoples lives.

I think, after the past year or so of downturn (the 'recession' started late 2007) it should start to pick up again sometime this year.

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Telling me, I'm trying to find a new job and compared to 18months ago when I last moved job there is literally nothing available :sigh:

Unless your a web dev/designer with 2+ years commercial experience, then there are a plenty of vacancies!

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

lucky i was able to secured a summer placement this year. and hopefully continue to full time when i graduate. government research company shouldn't be affected much by this should it?

6. Carcarius

Carcarius What's a Dremel?

More doom and gloom talk... come on!!

7. Carcarius

Carcarius What's a Dremel?

This is a great opportunity for tech professionals out of work to build consultancy firms. There are a damn-near infinite number of problems that need to be solved in IT and tech in general. Create your own work if you have to.

8. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

/sad face

I graduate this year with a Network Engineering degree, I want to find work to make monies. :waah:

9. msm722

msm722 What's a Dremel?

The company I work for has recently been securing more work in the middle-east to help with things. We haven't been gaining as much business in the UK as of late. My job is secure for now.

Tags: Add Tags