1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech F1 2016 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 29 Nov 2015.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

There'll be a rotation so they won't all be there all the time. This allowed C4 to sign up people unable [the likes of EJ, Hamilton] or unwilling [Webber] to commit to a full seasons worth of punidtry. I think Murray and possibly Prost will just be doing interviews.

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Been thinking about the matt paint on the red bull, which I wrongly presumed wouldn't make it to the finished car, and I think they're going along the lines of those swimming suits which are now banned in competition, almost trapping air against the surface as to reduce friction. I could be wrong, but seems the only thing I can think of.

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The later ones were also hydrophobic, they didn't so much use a boundary layer as eliminate it almost completely.

They were also astoundingly uncomfortable.

Last edited: 9 Mar 2016
  4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Force India might be in trouble:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/india-mallya-kingfisher-idUSKCN0WC18O
    http://in.reuters.com/article/india-banks-mallya-ban-idINKCN0WA0TF

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Luckily Mallya is neither FI's major financier or sole owner these days.

Whilst he still owns 40-sum percent of FI I hope he is sufficiently separate from it legally that his creditors won't be banging their door down. Although with no Indian GP now it's unlikely they'll ever get within a thousand paces of Force India even if the Indian courts rule they can.

Certainly explains all the rumours about FI getting sold.

7. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I wouldn't be surprised if Bernie is waiting in the wings to snap it up on the cheap

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Good to hear! Don't want to lose another independent mid-fielder

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Nope. At least not anymore.
    He races BTCC in a car that has been modified to fit his needs

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

? But he still doesn't have full use of his legs? Or surgery and fixed? If so - good for him!! Yay modern medicine.

EDIT: To clarify, when I said wheelchair bound I do realize he's standing in the picture, just that he's not going to do a singing in the rain re-enactment.

11. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I've seen him walk onto stage during a comedy show, so he's certainly (somewhat) mobile.

12. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I think the correct term for Nick is Mobility issues, he can get around, just not as quickly as some though.

13. RedFlames

I didn't know that, which is why i thought bindi was referring to the unpictured but apparently involved somehow Zanardi [or having a sly dig at one of the other picks]

14. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Nick Hamilton has cerebral palsy, effects are different for each person who is born with it, looks like Nick is not too bad or like myself had a lot of Physio and casts etc in early life, that and exercise help me out, it's clear I have mobility issues when you see me walking but otherwise quite normal, think he is similar, possibly more severely effected.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Thanks for the info guys, I never really knew the depth of it and had only seen snapshots of him at races. :thumb:

16. javaman

There are different types of CP depending on cause and effect. The type of CP like the type Nick Hamilton has compared to guy on Blue Peter all those years ago who was wheelchair bound, lack of muscle control, speech and eating difficulties. His type was "Spastic Cerebral Palsay" hence resulting in generations of kids calling each other that and mimicking the speach pattern.

17. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Not really sure why Nick Hamilton is there, other than having a famous brother. He's not a broadcaster, and not a very good racer - suppose I should reserve judgment until I see him on the show.

18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It gives them an "in" with the current world champ, clearly.

19. javaman

I'd he cynical enough to say it ticks equality boxes on top of that. At least in this case hearing about disability in motorsport , especially with Zanardi and Kubica still racing is a topic worth pursuing.

20. RedFlames

Well C4 does punt itself as 'The Paralympic Broadcaster', if it is a box-tick exercise that'll be the box they'd want to tick...