1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Oscars

Discussion in 'General' started by Hwulex, 25 Mar 2003.

1. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Don't suppose anyone else was stupid enough to stay up last night to watch them?

Well, I did, and they were pretty pants. The worst music ever, and just really dragged out. Still, the inbetween bits where they cut to Jonathan Ross when the Yanks were having an ad break were amusing.

Winners of the main catagories (the ones people care about):

ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
    Adrien Brody
    THE PIANIST

ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
    Chris Cooper
    ADAPTATION

ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
    Nicole Kidman
    THE HOURS

ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
    Catherine Zeta-Jones
    CHICAGO

BEST PICTURE
    CHICAGO
    Martin Richards

MUSIC (SONG)
    8 MILE
    'Lose Yourself'
    Music by Eminem, Jeff Bass and Luis Resto; Lyric by Eminem

I put the Music one in, just 'cause I think it's amusing that Eminem won an Oscar :rock:

Chicago came out best winning 6 of it's 13 nominations, the pianist won 3 IIRC. GONY came off worst, winning nothing from it's 10 nominations, lol.

The speeches were all pretty gash, especially Michael Moore and Michael Donovan's for BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. Just banged on about anti war mullarky, and got b00d off stage :D

There was one good speech though, and that was Adrien Brody for The Pianist. Was very sincere, and did mention the war, but only to hope for a speedy resolution to the conflict, and to come home soon. All that needed to be said, and said well.
    Nicole Kidman's was poo, and looked like a stunned 15 year old who just won prom queen :\

2. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

I think it's an absolute travisty that LOTR:TTT only won two Oscars.

Visual Effects and Sound Editing.

Ok, it was never going to win Best Film becasue the Academy are so conservative - but what about Costumes? Direction? etc etc....

Pah!

3. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Didn't bother with it this year... what's the point of it if they gonna strip it right down cause of this "war"

There's respect for the war and all that but when people go on a "ooh there's a war on we better cancel everything" it just makes me angry...

and :lol: at eminem

4. SilverBullet

SilverBullet Banned

Exaclty, all this anti way speechers, **** off ffs.

lol

and well done eminem, he won it, so we cant say bad things. :clap:

5. guzzler

guzzler What's a Dremel?

lol, the irony!!

g