1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I think the problem with the Patton is the number of people using it in clanwars, they rank up the crew in random battles making it harder to get 1st class and M on them let alone marks of excellence.

Quite weekend for me, highlight was in my E2 Sherman making a KV4 player rage at me because I damaged so many modules an apparently left him with just a loader crew wise :lol: love a good little HE spamming.

2. Risky

Risky Modder

3. legoman

I have no idea what i was taking posting a random purchase in here.

Tank related gumph nice playing about in the Chaffee, ive never quite nailed the scouting lark keep getting to brave I think

Last edited: 4 May 2016
  4. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

Finally managed mt-7 for t55a. 3 artsy down!!! Two months of everyday fails...[​IMG]
    Screen is on Russian language but you get the point

Sent from iPad via tapatalk

5. legoman

Nice haul of kills an medals there I tried a bit last night but couldnt get into it, plus both games the team all went to one side, plus the match maker was having a laugh ended up in my E2 sherman fighting with tier 8's, ok my 152mm armour is good, good at tier 6, not tier 8! Doesnt help my win rate on that tank is so high though derping a stubborn Emil from the side was about the highlight of the night.

Need to decide do I push for the panther 2 or slow on with the Jap heavy line :s

6. Vetalar

E50m is absolutely gorgeous!!! Excellent gun, nice armor, good mobility and a good bunch of HPs. Japs good at tier 5-6. At higher tiers jap tanks are just "meal". Armor on high tiers has almost no role. Everyone has gold shells with 300+ pen. Also 5-6 tiers will be nerfed at 9.15 patch

7. legoman

Well did some pushing with the panther last night, was a bit meh matchmaker was up the spout so I was mainly in tier 9 games, then add in the X3 win bonus bringing out every moron an his wife it was a slog, especially when you can only do about 130 dmg on average per shot!
    Took the JP E100 for a spin to cheer myself up, yeah that went well picking on scouts an probably killing them in their next game, poor little things!

8. Vetalar

Panther has more "anti tank " gameplay. Even with tier7 one can't play as MT. Must hide at bushes near the red line and keep pinning enemies with 7,5/100

9. legoman

I ground away to the Panther 2, stock its worse! horrible thing need a few K XP more to get the upgraded tracks so I can mount the better 7.5 and the bigger engine. Its no slouch now about the same speed as a Panther just has better gun depression an a worse turret. Still it works to nibble away at things.

10. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

I noticed you have the 3d view mod (team assist or something?) and was just wondering if you find it much better than the standard SPG view?

I haven't installed any mods at all, and only looked at a couple of videos and guides, I just play'n'learn what I can. But this view looks to be a bit more immersive than the standard top down, do you find better accuracy with this?

11. Risky

Risky Modder

"Battle Assistant". It's not essential and it doesn't change where you can shoot but it perhaps helps a bit in urban maps as you can see where the gaps are, but can possibly

Certainly more immersive as you noted. WG will probably add that view soon. IT's the only mod I use atm (other than the ones from the vbaddict upload) since the minimap is ok without mods these days.

12. blackerthanblack

Thanks Risky, I think I'll give it a whirl. As you say, it could be helpful looking through or past obstacles.

13. legoman

Got annoyed so activated one of those XP boost things ive got like 20 odd so no big loss, but yay! now I have the better turret! Means at last I wont get ammo racked when a tank looks at me. Great combo now nippy enough to get about an the long 88 from the tiger but with a reload of 6.4s. very happy so far with it.

14. WinsonTay

WinsonTay What's a Dremel?

cool let me try this :)

15. Risky

Risky Modder

let me send you and invite code and you'll get some free stuff in-game to help you get started. PM me your email.

16. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Do they still make you play in first person view? I never could get used to that and it's part of why I quit.

17. legoman

No you can flick out to third person easy enough, roll the mouse wheel back an it zooms out, I generally only use 1st person when sniping to be honest.

18. blackerthanblack

You only need to go to first person view when sniping, you could get by in third person view for most of the driving, and I think the auto aim has improved accuracy a while back (although I don't use it so can't confirm). So if you want to go driving a fast light around the map targeting things with your auto cannon you can do:)

19. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Ah, maybe that's it. I use a trackball, hence no scroll wheel, so it seems like forced first person view. The few times I tried playing after the change was mostly as artillery (which is what I mostly play anyway) and I found it easier to navigate in overhead view than first person :eyebrow:

20. legoman

I think you can just change the keys from the roller to something more useful.