1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Theresa May confirms EU Digital Single Market exit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 5 Mar 2018.

1. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Yup one of the reasons I Joined 3 was their roaming deal with like home in Italy and cheap US tariff at the time (well over a decade) meant I didn't need to faff with many sims and numbers.

It's a will be shame if Brexit regresses this flexibility but not surprising, the EU brought so many good things, seems we are headed backwards on many fronts.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yay, more ways to be exploited by large corporations!

Thanks, leavers.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

you're welcome buddy. :thumb:

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Thanks for that, I thought I was going mad for a second.

I do remember years ago being able to use it abroad. I mean this was for texts and calls, I had no smartphone back then.

IIRC some places in the EU came on quicker than others so on some trips I could use it, others not.

Thanks for reassuring an ageing mind :)

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I sit corrected!

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

The decision on lower roaming charges comes down only one thing - if your country is in general a tourist target or supplier. Mobile networks in tourist target countries can afford to offer eating roaming charges of their own customers, because they are offset by the fees they get from all the customers roaming to their network. On other side mobile networks in countries like Slovakia are hard hit by the removal of roaming charges, because number of their customers going abroad is much larger than number of foreigners visiting Slovakia.

UK belongs to the first group - from the numbers of foreigners actually working in UK (but often having their home phone plans) to number of visitors (from EU, US, Commonwealth) the total amount of charges are either around zero, or even profiting from it.

7. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Yeah, Three was doing roaming long before anyone else, including way before free EU roaming got forced on everyone. So as I said, I hope they continue to be awesome - they've just expanded to Vietnam and a load of South American countries too.

8. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Got one o' them Orthopaedic chairs then? :grin:

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It could be worse, I could be planning to stay ;P

Tags: Add Tags