1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Thermaltake announces Tt eSPORTS brand

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Mar 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

They seem like interesting products! How fast can you churn out reviews?!

3. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Average verging on gimmicky. No thank you.

4. tron

tron What's a Dremel?

"The Challenger keyboard - with in-built fan for sweaty palms "

Sounds like Pron sports :)

5. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Are sweaty palms really an issue? That's an honest question; I'm not trying to be trite.

I ask because it's not something I've ever encountered. I guess this is as good a place as any to ask: does anyone here have an issue with sweaty palms when gaming, or computing in general?

A built-in fan to cool your palms just sees like a big gimmick that would be cool for the first week, then gets shut off because the sound of the fan gets annoying.

6. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I assume these will come complete with the infamous build quality of Thermaltake's cases?

7. [GAH] Cheesey

[GAH] Cheesey What's a Dremel?

I think the fan is a bit OTT. Other than the fan the keyboard appears to be no different from any other keyboard of Saitek nature.

Mouse and headset sounds good though. Unfortunately we can only predict the wallet-crippling price.

8. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

2003 called. They want their LEDs back.

9. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i dont care about the fan nor the quality of the product; but that looks SEXY!

almost reminds me of Lycosa but red instead of blue/green LED..... i like red....

10. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

If you look close at the pic above I think you will notice something that you may have missed. There is a distinct colour difference between the lower centre, the number pad and possibly the lower far side of the keyboard too. This would suggest to me the use of maybe 3 main groups of LEDs that give an uneven balance, and I for one think this is a poor implementation. When will manufacturers learn that not everyone wants the same colour LEDs either. My system is based on a blue design and while blue LEDs would not be the main factor for a purchase, red LEDs would definately be a factor on why I don't buy the product.

As for the stupid and ugly thing sticking up at the back... is that the fan?
    If so, Whoever came up with that, and more importantly whoever decided it was a good idea to pass the idea to manufacture should be sacked.

1) Its ugly
    2) From where it is, it can only blow on one hand at a time.
    3) Did they test the use of it with actual RPG gaming nerds or even anyone with long hair? I know plenty of people who lean across their desk to reach something from time to time... do that with that fan running and you'll soon be caught up in the back of it. Either forcing you to cut your hair to escape, damage the fan itself or both.

As for looks... each to their own I guess. With those lines and angles I thought it looked like a reject from a Klingon Bird of Prey.

11. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Great more sh*t from Thermaltake, just what everyone needs

honestly, I don't know how they say in business

12. scawp

scawp What's a Dremel?

sweaty palms? Not interested. If however they devised a keyboard with an "anti-monster munch clogging system" then I'm in. these damn snacks have been a problem for many of years

13. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

in fps games.. yeah you do break a sweat- and I'm a skinney guy- especially in duel matches remember quake, your brain is working at a million miles an hour trying to predict your opponent.. you get full sweat going on in a tourney.. can imagine what it's like for a fat guy- probably slipping on the aswd ;)

not something your average gamer would ever have to worry about.. funny don't remember sweating in counterstrike though- that was alot more laid back with intense action here and there.. game like quake it's full on 10-30 minute matches- hard to describe unless you've played.. you sweat!

14. xela333

xela333 What's a Dremel?

Have to agree with "the Beast". Thermaltake make some of the most awful products I have ever used bar their Toughpower line of PSU's. Thier goods are always below par on built quality and looks, taking bizzare ideas and implementing them awfully. Look how the ruined the "level 10" case. I'm staying well away!

15. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
    There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
    He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
    To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgettin
    What he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
    He opens his mouth, but the words won't come out
    He's choking, how everybody's joking now
    The clock's run out, time's up over, bloah!
    Snap back to reality, Oh there goes gravity
    Oh, there goes Rabbit, he choked
    He's so mad, but he won't give up that
    Easy, no

see if Eminem had a Thermaltake keyboard

16. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Will they have a mouse with a fan? There's where I really need one for pr0n...

17. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

18. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

The fan is a very welcome feature here.

This keyboard doesn't seem as tacky as Tt's other products, surprisingly.

19. CharlO

CharlO What's a Dremel?

IMO the keyboard would be nice as it wont retain much dust or else... Nevertheless that could happen bacwards.

Also, am I the only one reading RGB led backlight? Does'nt that mean you'll be able to select the damn color, unless they just use more expensives leds for the foun of it.

20. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

should be able to change the led color.. vary the resistance- dunno if they added that as a feature but it should be too hard to do yourself if you wanted a certain color

Tags: Add Tags