1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News TI launches 1.5GHz dual-core ARM SoC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Dec 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

There's been a lot of arm news lately, are they on the up and up? I hope so, be nice to see someone other than intel dominate something :D

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

it seems to me arm and amd are going to be putting a lot of competition against intel and nvidia for very low-end, low-power devices. amd will probably end up succeeding over everyone when it comes to tablets, netbooks, and HTPCs. arm will, imo, unquestionably dominate in all mobile handheld devices that you can fit in your pocket. i feel arm will also do extremely well in tablets, but i see amd doing slightly better. either way, intel had plenty of time and money to invest in these low-power devices and i haven't heard anything too amazing about what they're planning. nvidia needs to focus more on lowering their power consumption in their mainstream video cards before they start working on mobile devices.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Next generation tabs, maybe? What is RIM's PlayBook based on? Too lazy to google, sorry. :p

Tags: Add Tags