1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Transformers Optimus Case Mod

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by BrennansPCTech, 25 Jul 2017.

1. BrennansPCTech

BrennansPCTech What's a Dremel?

Inspiration

This build was inspired by the new transformers movie The Last Knight and the design is based around a battle damaged Optimus Prime. I wanted to not only modify the case but the hardware as well, It will feature a Nvidia 10 series GPU, a new Intel Kaby lake CPU and z270 chipset. With all my builds I try to learn new techniques and challenge myself to do more as a Modder.

Optimus Prime Build Log Pic.png

2. BrennansPCTech

BrennansPCTech What's a Dremel?

I started with the case, I chose the Corsair Carbide Series Spec 04 and started designing from there. I knew I wanted it to have a beat up look like it had been through battle so I started my research. I had seen what techniques and paint previous modders had used to add a distressed look. But it takes more than paint to truly build a one of a kind PC so I found actual Cybertronian letters from the movie to engrave onto the front panel of the case above where the autobot logo will sit. The front panel is also wired with leds behind bullet holes to add a flickering fire effect to the case.

Corsair Spec 04 Front.png