1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Travelling to Amsterdam: Mobile WiFi/SIM options?

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 22 Nov 2017.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'm off to Amsterdam with the fam next month but I can't work out what the best options are for a mobile data connection to pick up at Shipol. Does anyone have any experience in WiFi device or SIM card for ~4 days? Only need ~1GB data for Google Maps/Uber etc

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Have you checked your provider, for example I am with three and can use my allowance on holiday with no charge.

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

KPN PAYG Sim?

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

You'll be too far up in the sky to need mobile data. :)

goldstar0011 likes this.
  5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I don't live in Europe/UK. I'm coming from 13 hours away ;)

On one hand I'm with the kids, so no chance. On the other, I'm with the kids on holiday.. so it maybe necessary to get through it. If anyone knows of any places in central Amsterdam to visit with "good brownies for night time snacks" I'm all ears.

I will Google, thx

6. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Now EU wide roaming is a thing any EU sim would be fine. If you know/are visiting someone in the EU I'd be tempted to get them to buy a suitable cheap prepaid sim and send it on to you in advance. That way you're all ready to go when you arrive.

Guest-16 likes this.
  7. heh-

heh- curses.

There seems to be a shop in the airport itself (not sure which side of security) called Airport Telecom. It gets terrible reviews however (apparently very expensive). If going into Amsterdam centre, might just be worth looking up a T-Mobile shop or as Mankz pointed out KPN.

Guest-16 likes this.