1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tribal Wings. Update 2-8. Disaster strikes. Broken Dremmel!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Muratus, 16 Jan 2004.

1. Muratus

Muratus What's a Dremel?

Small Update

Well this is a small update. Sence stage 1 of the front benz is just about done. I thought I would go ahead and post a pic of it. I really didn't like the look under the door of this case. It has a bunch of sharp lines, and those finger slots next to the drive bays looked horrible. So I broke out the bondo and filled in the finger slots and rounded the sides where there was a sharp line on each side. I also filled in all the botton and LED holes, as I'm going to put in differant buttons and UV leds.

Here is a pic of the front so far. And yes those front fins will go away.
    [​IMG]

Well that's it for now, let me know what you think or any ideas.

Muratus

2. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

Lookin' good Muratus!

I think those UV LEDs will look really good! :thumb:

3. BenJ

BenJ What's a Dremel?

Umm. Don't you need the finger holes so that the drive rails can be slid in and removed. I know on my Cheiftec if they were filled in you couldn't slide the drives and rails in.

BenJ

4. Muratus

Muratus What's a Dremel?

Yea, that is true. I'll have to take off the front benz to change the drives. But I don't plan on changing the drives very often so no problem.

I received my 80 UV LED's today. WOO HOO. only $15.20 with shipping. Pluse 80 resistors. Time to light things up.

Muratus

5. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

sweet, this may be a stupid question but do UV leds emit UV light, or black light or whateva or am i just being stupid. neway i dont know so i thought id ask. love the ideas tho, so keep up the good work

6. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

UV LEDs emit Ultra-Violet light which is nearly invisible to humans, but is reflected by certain materials/chemicals and becomes visible (often used for security, such as on money GBP/£)
    UV is usually called Black-light in the US.

7. Muratus

Muratus What's a Dremel?

Update 2-8

Well disastor strikes. While I was cutting the second side of my case. My dremel started smoking and burnt. Damn.

So I opened it up, the bushing on the end of the motor melted the plastic around it and locked up the bushing.

But being a ex- R/C car racer, I am very familair with electic motors. So I dug in to the old R/C box. I am going to re-cut the com. and brushes and replace the bushings with ball bearings. This thing will run better then new.

In the mean time. my 80 UV LED's came in. I've been testing them and planning some lighting.

Once my dremel is fixed, and I get some real work done. I'll give a proper update.

Muratus

8. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

um shall i declar this thread dead :( u were going strong just buy a new damn dremmel, u shoiuld always have a backup dremelle i have 3 :dremel: :dremel: :dremel:

9. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

Well, its awsoem looking, (Please dot die, Please dont die)