1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows V - The Visitors (2009)

Discussion in 'General' started by UncertainGod, 4 Nov 2009.

1. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

[​IMG]

I've been interested to watch this remake since I first heard about it and the casting choices they had made (Morena Baccarin, 'nuff said) but didn't expect that much from it in all honesty. Well I've just finished watching the pilot episode and I have to say that is the best opening episode of a TV series I have ever seen, and I watch alot of TV. They have managed to update the basic idea of the show very well so that it fit's nicely in with the world we currently find ourselves and the general pacing of the episode was superb, can't wait till the next episode. One bad note is that thanks to those asinine morons at NBC we will only be treated to the first 4 episodes this month, and then it won't be back on our screens until March. :waah:

So what does everyone else think of this show, and please remember this forum has spoiler tags for a reason.

2. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Thanks for this. I will check it out. :D

3. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I'll give it ten years before Hollywood & American TV turns into a never ending sequence of remakes anf reboots.

Stiil, I'll watch this out of curiosity.

4. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

But will they be eating Guinea Pigs? Will Mike Ironside make a cameo? Will the Starchild make an apperance?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086822/

:D

+1

She's hot at the best of times - with her new Servalan hairdo, :naughty:

5. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Just watched the pilot.
    It's good stuff - I loved it, and yes - she is a hottie. :D

6. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Waaay better than Flash 'I'm going to treat my audience like dumbarses and explain everything ten times' Forward, but I still found myself picking holes in it, so it wasn't holding my attention as well as it could have..

For example, how the hell did a lone wheelchair guy find himself half way up the steps of a church with no disabled ramp! And for such an advanced race did they not know how to extract water from the actually quite moist black area we call space? Neptune would have been a good start perhaps!

And why does Alan Tudyk always have to die!!! :(

Anyhoo, it was still good.

edit - Thought I'd share:

I make icons for all my TV shows, because I'm strange like that. Also, a lot easier to browse for them!

[​IMG]

I uploaded a bunch: (I have about 100.. they are online somewhere I think...)
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/album.php?albumid=568

Last edited: 4 Nov 2009
  7. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

They haven't actually said they need water from us.

He's still alive as Alpha.

8. will.

Yea they did.. When they first arrived there was some speech about how we had plenty of it and it's vital for their survival.

And Pirate Steve actually :p

9. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Once again they never said water.

10. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Not to be pendantc sorry but they said resources I believe- they never mentioned a specific resource of which I am fairly certain.

11. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Because he looks less repulsive as a lizard.

Actually they did say water. In French
    "...And require water and a mineral which is rich and abundant on earth in order to sustain ourselves"

12. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I thought I heard water, and my wife heard minerals.

Anyhow, it looks interesting, and it will certainly hold my attention.

13. will.

They did say water...

14. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Dammit, yes they did. Ok, so it's a very exceptionally weak premise but we are talking about a show with secret lizard men in human skin wanting to eat us all just for shits and giggles. I still love it so far.

15. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

ELIZABETH MITCHELL!

/jumps onboard

[​IMG]

A little old for me to legitimately find hot I suppose, but she's just brilliant. She's like a Carrie-Anne Moss who reads Shakespeare in her spare time and wins staring competitions with cats. I wish she'd get cast as a really vile antagonist, she'd be so good at it.

16. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

I for one loved the pilot. I had a bad feeling when they began principle on this new series, but then again, I recently revisited the regular original TV series a couple years ago after watching the miniseries.....wow, what a difference. Miniseries was soo promising at the time, but the regular? Ugh. I hadn't seen V since it originally aired, lol.

Honestly, anyone else expecting Marc Singer to show up? I really thought he'd have been a good priest casting.

17. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I agree, I hate being treated like an idiot by TV shows. I have the old ones on DVD as well. I remember the really bad sfx fondly :)
    T be fair I don't see those as plot holes. I assumed because of how many people were about that someone helped the wheelchair guy up the steps and the water thing isn't so much a plot hole as freaky lizard people lying! ;)

Disappointed there wasn't enough freaky lizard double blinking going on. In fact I only saw Anna do it.

Thanks for the icons, I have some of your older ones on my media server, very handy :D

18. will.

Oh, yea, I get they are telling porkies, but all the clever people in the world should have had alarm bells going off the moment their reasons for 'visiting' didn't hold up.

And the wheelchair guy was just me picking holes, rather than an actual plot hole. :p I do that when I'm not 100% immersed in a TV show. The first few True Blood episodes got the full force shred ripping before I realised how ****ing awesome it is! Who knew; it's meant to be over the top and insane! :D
    No problem!

19. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Wait. You mean to say they're really lizards? :eeek:
    Wow. Did not see that one coming :p

I remember watching the miniseries when it first came out, but I didn't follow the series though. If they can do as good a job for this as they did for Battlestar, I'll be happy :)

20. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Just saw the trailer for the 2nd episode and it looks really good
    and will please someone on this thread ;)