1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2000B Project Started: Black Avenger

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Jbroad572, 16 Oct 2004.

1. Jbroad572

Jbroad572 What's a Dremel?

Here's what I got so far:
    Case: Lian Li PCV2000B
    Water Cooling:
    -MCP600
    -MCW6002-64
    -MCW50
    -Dual Heatercore
    -CoolerMaster 120mm fans
    -
    Video: BFG 6800GT
    CPU: AMD64 3400+ (Clawhammer CG)
    Mobo: DFI Lanparty
    PSU: Fortron 530

I haven't thought of a name yet, but I'm thinking about "Black Avenger".... sound good?
    Anyways, I originally had the V1000B, but because of Blu3 I sold it and bought the V2000B.
    [​IMG]
    img]http://broadways5th.com/scgi-bin/The%20Black%20Avenger/V2000Binsude.JPG[/img]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I orignally wanted a window just like his, but had the idea 2 make 2 seperate windows and then I actually saw how I wanted to do it on the same post, so I went with that. I was scared to cut it out at first, but figured, wth! If everyone else can do it so can I. I had a cheap dremel and a jigsaw with a 24tpi blade.
    [​IMG]

My first objective was to cut the window out, so to start a whole I used the dremel reject and the reinforced cutting discs. Well, I got just that accomplished and nothing else. The dremel made a weird noise and the disc went flying and here is the end result of that (no more using cheap dremel wannabes).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Needless to say after that I put the panel away for the night and put together my new exercise bike [​IMG] :D
    So, the next day comes along and I'm like I've already got a hole in the panel, so I can't quit now, so while a friend was over I clamped it all down and put the jig blade in the hole and expected the worse, but to my surprise that was the easiest thing in the world. I absolutely love using a jig and don't want to have to use a dremel to do this kind of work. I was done in about 30 minutes, because I took little breaks to entertain a few friends. Here are a few pics.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    At one of these pics, I regretted making them square and wish I would have rounded the corners, but too late now.

Next is the watercooling. I was in the process of leak testing, but I have some nasty stuff in my loop that looks like ..... welll uhhh... look for yourself. Not sure where it came from, but I'm guessing the heatercore. I did buy it used :(.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, now I need to untape the panel, file down the edges, and continue with my leak test with my WC setup.

I am going to pick up my fans, CCFL lights, right now. I was thinking about doing a blue/white theme in the case. Maybe have 1 color on the top and 1 on the bottom. Not sure yet. Suggestions are welcome.
    This is the beginning so far.

Last edited: 16 Oct 2004
  2. Jbroad572

wrong forum, please move Mods.
    Thanks!
    Guess I need to resize these pics :worried:

3. Jbroad572

Here is the window installed without tape:
    Still have to file it all down though.
    [​IMG]

4. Jbroad572

I'm working on having a quad 120mm grill made out of stainless steel (similar to the evo 120.3 grill [​IMG]
    for the top of the case.
    Thinking about it, I think if the grill were black, that'd be nice with some aluminum fans under it or some lit up fans or might just leave it stainless steel. I think either will look very

5. NOMIS

NOMIS What's a Dremel?

Use a file or something similiar to finish off the window, smooth it out. Mod looks good though, I personally don't know how you can buy something so expensive and then go ahead and cut it up

Looks nice, look forward to seeing more of it.

6. Daewood

Daewood What's a Dremel?

looking good and same on the ocforums... :D

7. Jbroad572

Well, I've decided to go with white CCFL's in the case. I wanted to originally have both blue and white in the case shining somehow, but the white is just too bright. I also want to have my UV lights somewhere in the case. close to my mobo. I am going to mix my water with Deep blue dye-lite and VW anti-freeze to achieve a darker blue/teal color.
    I have 2 white led fans and 1 blue one. I think I might replace my case fans with those and go with some aluminum one for the top of the case. It would look nice under a black grille, don't ya think?
    Still brainstorming though.

8. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

You're not my long lost twin are you? I'm planning to go v2000b w/ white lighting (although with LEDs). Even thinking of aiming for a bluish water setup. Great minds think alike :thumb:

Yeah file down that window a bit and it'll be really nice

9. Jbroad572

Here is the panel all filed down.... 3.5 hours later... goodness.
    Still not as smooth as I would like it and where I made the whole with the dremel at the very top, it took some of the paint off of the panel as you can see. Got a few other places where could use some touch up paint, but I think I will just leave it be.
    [​IMG]
    Tomorrow I will be removing the hard drive racks along the bottom and debating on whether I want to take out the divider plate. I read it is just fine (stability wise) without it.

Thanks for all the compliments so far. I guess not too bad for a very first timer, eh? I know it could be better, but I feel it's going well, for a noob who didn't even know what a jigsaw or dremel did

10. Jbroad572

Added leak testing picture. I will probably be leak testing for awhile. Won't be installing until the case is finished, lol, so it might be a week or so. Plus, I am still waiting for 1/2" barbs for the MCW50 and have to make a shroud.
    [​IMG]

11. Jbroad572

Here are some better pics of the window and the cages have been removed. Still debating on moving the divider. Until, I get an idea of what I can do without it there, I'll leave it there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. bLu3

bLu3 What's a Dremel?

hmmm.... i know this from somewhere..... :naughty:

13. Morpheon

Morpheon What's a Dremel?

Man I love that Case...but such a boring window :wallbash: :thumb: its ok, to each his own...yes please do the white neon....good job on the edges too!

Carry on!