1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve responds to Left 4 Dead 2 boycott

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Jun 2009.

1. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

If they just called it "L4D: Mêlée", said it was available via retail and download (like most steam), and acted as a suplement over the original all the moaners would shut the hell up.

You pay your money, you get new L4D content, and of course you can't play "like for like" online games with other players unless you all have the same "extras".

IT IS THE SAME AS EVERY OTHER GAME IN THAT RESPECT!

2. Nicb

Nicb Let's discuss among ourselves

:eeek: Whhhhhaaaattttt I did not see the 2 at first. Anybody else miss that? :worried:

j/k :D

3. chaosfrantic

chaosfrantic What's a Dremel?

i don't think its a good idea to make a second one just yet.
    they should put efforts in improving the game, like creating additional weapons or more mutiplayer maps etc.
    if all goes out. in the second one they should make it a 6 player game. "Left 6 dead" ahahahahah.
    either way, i think its still to early, that game hasn't even been out for a year yet.

4. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

I love this Quote

could mean anything from "we intended to support it from day one and will continue to support it" to "we planned to screw you from day one and we have no intention of not screwing you"

The entire answer is full of vague statements that basicially add up to nothing.

5. bridgesentry

bridgesentry 3verything must bee wat3rcooled

L4D 2 surfacing too fast means:
    Like the original, it will bring no content
    No content=too easy to write a game = too fast releasing=game communities feel like they are treated like machines:hehe:

6. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I think that's an excellent idea. Then you just launch L4D2 and if you want to play with Zoey, Francis, Louis and Bill, just choose those maps, If you want the new characters choose the new ones.

Plus I reckon that Valve will release a couple of new campaigns and weapons for L4D with new campaigns for L4D2 to continue the story of the survivors.

Different game, different characters, different story, both will get updated.

As long as I can still play the original maps with people on L4D1 when I am in L4D2 without having to leave and launch the original I am fine with it.

7. daveloft

daveloft What's a Dremel?

They really cant have L4D2 players play with L4D1 without giving L4D1 the updates to the engine, ai, infected and weapons. Add all this to L4D for free and charge for the new campaigns and survivors. This is the only compromise that should work for everyone.

8. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Backwards compatibility? If they made the new engine from the current one then I am sure that L4D2 would be able to run everything on L4D and just not use the new bits. This way L4D2 players can still play with L4D1 players, but only on the L4D1 maps.

9. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

confirmed, if anything, that there will be no more content for Left4Dead.

10. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I'm not concerned about L4D1, I'm concerned about paying £30 for what is essentially a graphical update.

Tags: Add Tags