1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition Vote for your Game of the Year 2009

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Dec 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Where is the option for Assassins Creed 2?

3. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

If Modern Warfare 2 wins (As I honestly believe it should), I shall work a full week wearing a Kevlar US Army Helmet (with pics)

4. CardJoe

We took Assassin's Creed 2, along with a few others, at the last minute on the basis that we wanted to keep the list focused on games that have had a PC release.

5. TWeaK

TWeaK Guest

My votes:

L4D2, Shattered Horizon and Batman: Arkham Asylum.

L4D2 is awesome, they definitely made it worthwhile of being a sequel and anyone who's still on the boycott should just go cry in a corner. Shattered Horizon I chose for its ground-breaking full-3D play-style, although the game is lacking in some ways as the gameplay is somewhat simple, but it's just damned good fun and different. Batman, well I haven't even played it (waiting until it's a bit cheaper) but from all the reviews it's a console port done right, and that can't be a bad thing.

Will have to submit them when I get home - can't for the life of me remember which email address I get the newsletter sent to!

6. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

Well that's a least two for Shattered Horizon. I've got an inkling Star Dagger will be voting for it, too :p

7. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

:lol:

I nearly voted for it as it is a good game, but its lack of depth means it isn't deserving of a GOTY award.

L4D2, Batman: AA and Machinarium were my votes in the end, despite logging ~60 hours on MW2 in 1 month :worried:

8. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

COD:MW2, L4D2, and SF4. :)

9. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Depressingly i've only played two games from that list, I still play far too much tf2. I think i'd pick Batman over l4d2 though it is a better game than the first the mechanic is basically the same and i like the AA story.

10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Doh, AC2, Batman: AA and Torchlight were going to be my 3 choices. Have to look for something else now (AC2 should be up there though, it really is one of the best games I've played this year).

Haven't really played much else on the list... I've got Borderlands waiting to be played (360 version)... Dawn of War 2 maybe...

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Batman, Machinarium and probably Trine tbh. At least, until the last mission. Couldn't bring myself to vote for MW2 because of the copious quantities of twats (apart from Baz and people who frequent bit-tech, who are clearly lovely) that I'd have to play it with as well. I'd sooner use barb wire as floss than go back to MP.

12. CardJoe

I'm staying out of this, but I'd definitely give a vote to Batman and The Path, personally.

13. GFC

GFC What's a Dremel?

MW2 and Borderlands were really good.

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Picked MW2, Batman and Empire

Close runners up were Dragon Age (I didn't put it on as I haven't had a proper play through of it yet) and DoW2 (again, not had a proper go on the campaign and not even tried MP).

Borderlands I've not played yet but from what I've heard of it, it would be one of my top games, I'll have to see at Christmas

15. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Meh, I only wanted to vote for one game. Haven't played the rest.

16. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

As much as I wanted to vote for L4D2, I gad to go back to L4D which is loads more fun. L4D2 misses the mark it's not a zombie game like the first, it's a shooter with zombies in it.

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

L4D2, MW2 & Borderlands

18. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

I suspect that's what many people are going for, perhaps with Dragon Age splitting the vote.

19. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Should we vote with respect to the PC versions then? Because I loved Arkham Asylum on the PS3, but found it less fun on the PC.

Also, this is a useful way of hiding the lack of an Uncharted 2 review ;)

20. CardJoe

M'eh. If I was trying to hide that then I'd edit your comment and ban your account ;)

Tags: Add Tags