1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other VR workout

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wyx087, 15 Jun 2020.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Has anyone done workout using VR gaming as incentive?
    What is your routine?

Beat Saber have that FitBeat song, any other song good for workout?
    I hear Pistol Whip is good for legs, which song is best for that?
    I am playing Until you Fall, but I don't feel it is hard enough (can now consistently get to purple world, so not newbie)
    I tried BoxVR, it's not for me, too repetitive and feels too much like exercise.

Since lockdown, I've gained 3kg just sitting on my backside. So I need to loose that 3kg through doing exercise!

BTW, forum need a VR tag.

2. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Lol this is one of the main reasons I got a Quest.

Best I’ve tried for actually working out is Thrill of the Fight, but if you didn’t like BoxVR then I’m not sure if it’s for you.

But more importantly than the game you’re playing is how you’re playing it. E.g. with Beat Saber, you want to make long sweeps, play on the balls of your feet so you’re bouncing around, and put your body into the movements. I find it more fun that way too :)

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Yes, the wireless Quest is great. I can't imagine playing VR, essentially blind in the real world, but with a cable as trip hazard.

Thrill of the Fight is mentioned many times when I researched this. I've tried the Creed demo on Quest, didn't really like that game games. But maybe TotF is different? Also, I gather it needs a large playspace?

Good tip on moving around. In Beat Saber, I mostly stay feet planted but swing my arm as hard as possible. By the end of ~4 songs, I feel like my arm is about to fall off but heart rate stays at average of 110's bpm, lower than I would like for exercise.

4. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Having a large playspace for TotF helps as you’ll be more comfortable physically stepping around - which IMO is the reason why it’s better than other games for getting the heart rate up. Having to move your entire body weight around as you dance around your opponent is great! I believe that’s more effective than just moving arms for example.

I have played it with a small space, it’s doable but I’m not confident stepping around, which for me loses a lot of the benefit.

5. DanH

DanH What's a Dremel?

I really enjoy beats saber I might mod it to have custom songs it looks easy to do