1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'General' started by MLyons, 22 May 2018.

1. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Nothing wrong with Penthouse articles and nothing wrong with not owning a desktop!

MLyons likes this.
  2. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

I used to be in the same boat (literally, that's a clue as to what line of work it was). They were pretty paranoid about control of info, even though much of the stuff was fairly generic - the phones we got were Blackberry for their more secure system, with the cameras disabled, and greyed out windows in the offices...

Now in the same line of business - Supply Chain Management, but in the water industry, lots of being out the office, so sometimes can browse here if I'm off somewhere or on my extremely flexible lunch time.

3. creative

creative 500rwhp

I am a business development manager for a real estate. We have 2 offices and 1000 properties to manage ranging from your small 1 bedroom units upto $4million, 6 bedroom waterfront properties and I love it.

Deal with all walks of life, different properties and every day is different.

In my spare time I fly fpv quads (drones to the uneducated lol ) like this to get rid of the stress from work.
    https://www.airvuz.com/video/Sail?id=5b0586d8b2e955704fbeead1

Last edited: 24 May 2018
  4. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

We're not, we don't even accept donations (unless you're raking in hundreds-of-thousands in donations it's a hell of a lot of work donations and small amounts of money aren't really that helpful)!

Although you'd be bang on about most nationals in this country. In most of Europe once an charity reaches a certain size (turnover) it becomes an NGO (non-governmental organisation) which is subject to much higher levels of transparency. In this country most large charities have lost site of their core aims and exist simply to keep existing.

5. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

*cough* 1,601 posts *cough* :grin:

6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That's only in 15 months. I meant members that seem to just lurk ;)

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

basically data input now. "accounts" they call it, but data input all the same.

8. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I write\ fix software on a massive desktop application that works with a medical instrument used for diagnosis and disease research.

9. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Self Employed mechanic working on historic race cars and TVRs, just started helping with race support/towing cars too. Spent last weekend sleeping in a transit at cadwell park supporting two cars, :D

10. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Now a bloody mechanic turns up after my car's been picked up by a garage...

11. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I'd have no time for it anyway, :D, between the two garages I work at we've got far too much work for the next 6 months, :D, can barely find any time to work on my own 2 cars, :D

And as it's a bank holiday coming up, everythings started going wrong.

12. MLyons

Yh, It seems replacing a 1.4 Corolla VVT-i engine isn't very appealing based on the mechanics I've been speaking to.

13. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Guest-23315 likes this.
  14. MLyons

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

What's the point of having two of most of your organs if you can't flog half of them for a sweet ride?

16. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Mon-thurs I work for a 3D scanning and measurement company, scanning various things.
    Fri-Sat I do a few hours Investment and wealth planning work.

17. Valo

Valo Minimodder

Huh, just realised I've been here for 14 years. In that time I've owned 1 (one) gaming PC... I'm just here for the soapbox discussion haha

18. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I've been here 16 years and owned around 16 gaming PCs... perhaps I went overboard in those first 6 years :worried:

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

12 here.. Almost half my life.

Still have the same 200Gb Maxtor I had back then :D