1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What mouse do you currently game with?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Shadowed_fury, 12 Apr 2010.

1. Danny

Danny What's a Dremel?

Previously used a Logitech G9, now i'm using a Microsoft Sidewinder X5, changing it next week again though to a Roccat Kova Ultra-Light Gaming Mouse, I can't seem to stick with the same for a prolonged amount of time. :p

DRC™ likes this.
  2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Original 1800dpi Deathadder. More for comfort and sensor speed than precision oddly enough.

3. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Genius Ergo 520 .. got it on sale for half price 4 years ago. No issues, very responsive, and they don't make them anymore as the missus loves it and wants one for her gaming rig ><

EDIT: nvm they updated the mouse to the 525. w00t

Last edited: 8 May 2010
  4. -=ice=-

-=ice=- What's a Dremel?

Was using a Logitech MX1000, from when they first came out, but the battery got to the point where it would last around 3 hours off a charge...

Now replaced with a Logitech G9, the only thing that would make it better is wireless, but I think I can cope :thumb:

5. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

Coolermaster CM Storm Sentinal, fantastic mouse

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

G5 4 Life. Actually, that's not strictly true. I'm very tempted by a G500 at the moment, but it'll be hard to leave my Gen1 G5 after more than 4 years and over 3000 logged hours of loyal service. Extension of my hand? You have no idea ;)

Used at 1950 DPI for everything but AWPing in CSS, when it gets switched on the fly to 2000 DPI for epic flickshots. Those extra 50 DPI make all the difference. I have to admit that I am anal about how my mouse is set up. If it's off by a few DPI or not tracking well because of dirt on the mat I'll notice immediately. The only bad thing I've ever had to say about the G5 is the inaccuracy of the scroll wheel, but as I've said, I've gotten so used to it now I barely ever make weapon or inventory switching mistakes as a result of it any more.

7. Tasslehoff

Tasslehoff What's a Dremel?

I'm currently using a Dell Laser Mouse pretty good basic mouse

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Has anyone here ever had any tracking issue with their laser mouse ?

I have a G5, an Habu and an Ikari Laser (which was by far my best mouse before it 'broke'). All are laser mice and all can't track properly. The Habu tracks as if I was using it on sand, it just shakes all the time. The G5 and the Ikari can't keep up with reasonably fast movements and do nothing at all on really fast movements.

By contrast, I have an MX518 (optical) and an Ikari Optical and both can keep up with me no matter what I do.

I'm never buying another laser mouse again..

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Almost certainly to do with the surface you're tracking on mate. Lasers (despite popular belief) track differently on some surfaces than they do on others. My new Apple Magic Mouse refuses to track properly on the Steelseries I-2 glass mat that it's predecessor, the Wireless Mighty Mouse tracks on perfectly. They changed the diode, and in doing so they changed the tracking characteristics.

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

SteelSeries QcK+ (cloth)
    Everglide Titan Fnatic (cloth)
    Everglide Ricochet 2.52 (plastic with two different surfaces)
    My desk (wood)

Same results on every surfaces

11. omicron

omicron Baud.

Logitech G9 on a Razer eXactMat.

12. October

October Mariachi Style

I used my G5 on a crappy Esso promotional mat I've had since I was 14 and it never had any problems, then switched to a Razer Goliathus (cloth) which never had any problems either. Using my G500 on it now and it feels absolutely awesome, just the right amount of friction and padding for my wrist.

How fast do you move? I'm a anchor the wrist and flick style gamer, high dpi cheesecake :D

13. Davzyii

Davzyii What's a Dremel?

I am using the Razer deathadder, its cheap, looks great, good in games and really comfortable to use. What more could you want except an insta headshot button... don't really think we will be seeing on of those for a while.

14. jonni3

jonni3 What's a Dremel?

Still using my Razer Copperhead with the Razer Mantis control pad, which is huge & takes up a third of my desk :eeek: .....

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

MX Revolution.

I bought it because it was the most comfy wirelss mouse to use everyday, it its comfy to use everyday, its fine to game with.

16. mkb

mkb Minimodder

MX518 on a Fnatic Everglide Titan

17. knuck

knuck Hate your face

ah DAMN IT

I thought I was the only one in the world with that pad !

18. ripmax

ripmax Minimodder

Cyber Snipa Stinger.

19. Gortael

Gortael What's a Dremel?

Microsoft x5 2000DPI Does me fine, it's quite a nice price, and myself having ogre hands it fits rather nicely!

20. stivalmighty

stivalmighty What's a Dremel?

G9x ended up getting it for free :D, good mouse tho, loving the way you can change the dpi on the go.