1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Minor but peeing me off, lower lip keeps twitching. Apparently its from too much caffeine, for that I would have had to have caffeine! I've avoided it last few days deliberately to try an stop it.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

We have listening excercises in this German course.

Every now and then there's one where they sing the sodding thing.

They are always ****, because they've obviously been written with grammatical lessons in mind, which means the "song" flows like a dog turd down a staircase. They're almost always "fill in the blank" type exercises, which means I've never heard one less than twice.

It is exceptionally infuriating. The singing adds nothing. Why, why, do they keep doing this garbage in language courses?

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Memories of a German lesson getting out of hand, jumping on desks, ties swung round like a lasso. Chaos.

4. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Supposed to have been the wife's first day at work since baby came along today - Was only starting at 4 hours a day until Sep/Oct. Within 2 hours she was in the car on the way home, crying down the phone... She has been dreading going back to work for a multitude of reasons, but even I thought she'd get further than this.

In her defence, since she interviewed for the job and completed her maternity, both the management and the role itself has changed massively, so they have pulled the rug out from under her somewhat. She has a meeting with the general manager tomorrow morning, but I suspect she might end up just terminating her contract there and then.

And there I was thinking I was finally going to get out of the hole (financially)...

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Mine was seeing how many pens I could hide inside my ridiculous hair without anyone noticing. Or translating "I have enormous testicles" into German (Ich habe riesige hoden, IIRC). Or writing stories/essays in German which revolve around underwater ambulances (untersee krankenwagen, since you asked).

Oddly enough, German was the subject I gave the fewest ****s about, put the least possible amount of effort into, yet was the only "A" I managed to get at GCSE. I didn't even get an A in IT and I'm a bloody database developer... I guess living in Germany and using the language with native speakers right before I moved back to Wales gave me a bit of a headstart :).

MLyons likes this.
  6. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Apologies if I'm preaching to the longsuffering choir, but that sounds like caffiene withdrawals - especially if you haven't had *any.* I know I used to get horrendous headaches and tics/twitches as a result of a lack of caffiene.

7. legoman

Well I went back had a coffee, no change though I think I know the cause of it along with the now tooth ache thats appeared as an ulcer has sprung up. I had an appointment with the doctors as I'd been feeling more and more rubbish over the past few weeks turns out I'm rather run down verging on exhaustion. So back to work...

8. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Mouth ulcers? Horrible things, you have my sympathy.
    I get them in batches quite regularly, even on my tongue. Makes eating uncomfortable and is offputting, the odd one makes my gums or face ache unlike the usual beggars.
    Doctor & Dentist have no solution, just "some people are more prone to them..."
    I don't even bother with treatments, as they don't seem to have any effect, wither slippy stuff that doesn't stay in place, or lumpy stiff that doesn't stick.

9. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Salt water gargle works well for me on the odd occasion I get them. Dries them out and helps stop any secondary problems.

goldstar0011 and Arboreal like this.
  10. legoman

Done it a few times so far, tastes like the sea!

Yes mouth ulcers, couple in the cheek an back of the throat but the most painful is base of the gum below a tooth hence the ache but its so close to the base of the gum to the mouth its making my lip twitch.

11. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Had them loads as a kid!
    Anbosol was prescribed but you can get over the counter

12. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Don’t get it confused with Anusol!

13. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Well, no-one wants mouth piles!!

Goatee likes this.
  14. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I had to double check what I put then!!!

Well it is spelt Anbesol too

15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Partners grandad having some tests done today, Its looking fairly certain he's got some form of cancer and by the symptoms he's getting its not in its early stages... To top it off her other granddad who is currently in remission is not in the best of health and will likely be returning to hospital.

Understandably she's going to be upset by both but she tends to just go into this depressing spiral which isn't good for anyone involved

I'm hoping and praying for a miracle but its not looking positive.

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Fingers crossed

17. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

+1 for anbesol. Great stuff.

On my way home I came across a carrier bag in someone's front garden that had been set on fire next to the wheeliebin and an aerosol put on top. I put the fire out, ruined my shoe in the process. Knocked the door to see if anyone was in to ensure it got dowsed and was greater by an angry man who booted the smoldering pile against the bin, shouted "that's ****ing women for you" and stormed back in. Yeh no problem mate, not almost set myself on fire or ruined my shoes saving your ass :rollingeyes:

Last edited: 18 Jun 2019
    adidan likes this.
  18. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Looks like cancer... worse case scenario he has up to 12 months if not much less.

Biopsy needs to be done but doctors have high confidence in the diagnosis. Its unfortunately an incurable form that really starts to create symptoms when its far too late to treat

19. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

My sympathies - my grandfather's battling it at the moment. It's an absolute ****er. My very best wishes to you all

20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Sympathies all round. It's 10 years this year since I lost my dad to it far too young so I know how crappy it is.