1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U Wiimote Charging

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sjhujh, 14 Aug 2008.

1. sjhujh

sjhujh Minimodder

I've blown through a lot of batteries with my Wii since getting it... And seeing as my 'lovely' housemates won't replace the batteries even though they play it constantly while I'm not there, I've decided to buy a charging station/standard battery charger.

I wanted to see which one people would recomend, the nyko one seems prety good, I like the rubber grips (never liked the Wii jackets)

What do you guys think?

Thanks

2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

The charging station that my brother bought for his Wii still needed AAA rechargeable batteries to go in it - so I'd recommend just buying a pack of AA rechargeables and a 1hr charger (It'll work out cheaper and the batteries will last slightly longer than the AAA)

3. sjhujh

sjhujh Minimodder

cool I'll look into that then... plus i can then get recharbale batteries for anything else that needs them....

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

In all honesty I'd be telling your housemates to piss off. Using up consumables isn't on, especially something as expensive as AA batteries. Start eating their stuff out of the fridge or something, see how they like it.

When my Dad bought a Wii from Argos he bought a charging station from them as well - uses some kind of internal battery (probably rechargeable AAA's, but you can't see it), and it's actually very good. Doesn't last quite as long as a normal set of AA's, but if you recharge it, it doesn't matter. :)

[edit]Something like this, but ours has some flashy lights.

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I say rechargeable AA batteries, It's cheap, last very long time before your rechargeable batteries need to be replaced, AND you can use it with other devices.

6. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I say go for the internal battery pack charging stations like krikkit suggested, that way people can't steal the batteries out of them to use in their camera etc :D

Mine plug in the two usb slots in the back and have a blue indicator light to tell you when it is fully charged :D

7. sjhujh

sjhujh Minimodder

Cool, thanks for the link...

Well I thought about maybe having a go and saying if your gonna play it then you pay for the batteries equally... But I've been side tracked by the fact that one of my old housemates is refusing to pay our gas bill, plus the sackbellied strumpet has the final bills and won't send me a copy or the agency, so i'm going to have to ring their expensive customer helplines off my mobile to a copy so I can get my bloody deposit back... I'm never living with girls ever again they did my head in!

8. jrr

jrr What's a Dremel?

/agree

I use rechargeables in all my devices - wiimotes, wavebirds, remotes, flashlight, calculator...

9. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I say get specific type chargers in some case though, such as my wireless Logitech G7 mouse, it has a usb charging station, and 2 battery packs, this way the batterys cant be stolen to be used else where!

10. supaste

supaste What's a Dremel?

Rechargeable AA batteries all the way. Not only are they cheaper than charge stations for specific products but you can use them in anything. I worked out that the pack I bought the other day would pay for themselves in about 3 charges.

This is the pack I bought along with an extra 4x AA (Below)

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3439918/Encore-Classic-Charger-With-4-x-AA-2700-mAh-Rechargeable-Batteries/Product.html?dpr=141505

I highly recommend getting rechargeables because it saves you so much money in the long run. If someone nicks one of those batteries you will be able to identify it, they are bright green unlike normal black and copper ones.

11. jrr

jrr What's a Dremel?

is this a threat you have to deal with? you must compute in a rough neighborhood =]

12. JesterQ

JesterQ What's a Dremel?

i got one from dealextreme .. you leave the pack in the mot and then lean the mot on it all all
    ok, pluged into the pc usb port and now it's always fully charged :eek:)

13. sjhujh

sjhujh Minimodder

Right so the the majority vote seems to be to get the recharable batteries with a normal charger. I think this is what I'll do then... although i'm thinking of selling the wii now... think my money would be better sent either on a PS3+MGS4 , or new clothes...

14. ktmakwana

ktmakwana What's a Dremel?

i used nyko and works brilliantly, recommended!

Tags: