1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Will this work? Or will it fry my PDA?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by [<x>] Kiyusoma, 8 May 2007.

1. [<x>] Kiyusoma

[<x>] Kiyusoma Deus Ex Machina

because trickle charge over USB takes a long time, i am looking around my appt. for a surrogate charger.

I got my PDA (Zire 31) secondhand without the wall charger, just the sync cable. on the back of the PDA it says 5.2v DC/MAX 500mA

the charger from my cellphone fits the jack perfectly on the PDA (barrel plug) and it says on it 5.2v 800mA

now if i was to connect the two and plug into the wall will my PDA charge or will it fry? due to the differing mA? or does the pda just draw the mA that it needs?

2. jakenbake

jakenbake full duplex

as long as the voltage and the connector are the same on both plugs, and the current rating on the newer plug is greater than or equal to the current rating on the older plug, you should be fine.
    it sounds like what you described matches this, so ya, you should be fine, it only draws the amount of current it needs.

3. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Should work as long as the polarity of the ring and tip matches. Otherwise you will fry the device.

4. [<x>] Kiyusoma

[<x>] Kiyusoma Deus Ex Machina

Thanks guys!

I plugged it in, and it starts to charge!

Maybe now ill use it more often