1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks [Wireless] PC will not connect to router

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by deathtaker27, 13 Apr 2012.

1. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

Hi everyone,

Bit of a strange one, one of the pcs will not connect to the wireless on my home network since i moved it to a different room.

it is a fresh install of windows XP (Legacy apps, I wouldn't do it otherwise) and when it was in this room it connected correctly, It use to connect in the room it currently is in fine okay (a couple drop out but nothing serious)

However now it see's the wireless connection, requests the password tries to connect and fails every time, anyone here had an experiance with such an issue:

Specs:

XP (Fresh install) - Wifi is old belkin MIMO G usb card

Router: Standard sky router (I hate not being able to change it!)

Hope you can help

DT.

2. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

Have you removed the wireless network from the list of saved networks? Might just need re-adding. No logical reason for it but it's worth a shot and I've seen it work in the past.

It can be changed and I've never had a complaint from Sky for doing it. I'm currently using a TP-Link and I was using a Netgear for a long time before that. They are changing the way their network works though so it may not be possible for much longer.

3. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

download the latest drivers for the belkin if you can, belkin adaptors well known for not connecting to wireless on old drivers

4. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

Tried the driver update, didn't work eithier so I have bought powerline adapters as I don't have time to be messing about :)