1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox 360 getting exclusive Crysis 2 demo

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Jan 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

*Runs to the nuclear bunker*

3. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Xbox really? The lest they could do is pretend they care for there heritage in PC gaiming.

4. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Because they know it'll get slaughtered by the PC community, I hate to say it but it's true :(

5. murraynt

murraynt Modder

That is true, Pc gamers and reviewer tend to be a bit harsh. Console people will put up with more sh*t (Which isn't a bad thing)

6. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Console crap

7. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

Ah well, as long as Crytek license the engine out maybe we'll actually get a decent game somewhere along the line! I'm sure there are plenty of good dev's - maybe even PC-centric ones - who would love to use a cross-platform engine like that.

8. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

I love how demos have been turned into some sort of valued commodity.

Clearly nobody thinks they help to shift actual products.

9. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

PC gamers might (justifiably) feel betrayed by Crytek putting so much emphasis on Crysis 2's console release, but Crytek might argue (if pressed) that they felt similarly betrayed by the huge amount of piracy their PC release of Crysis supposedly suffered.

Whether they actually lost that much money to piracy or not is another matter, but I'd almost put money on that being their justification. Plus, they probably need to push it hard on the console marketing front to compete with the staple console shooters like Halo, Killzone and CoD that the target market is more familiar with.

10. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

Does this actually surprise anyone? Crytek have been crying like little babies because their game which came out exclusively for hardware very few people had got high piracy ratings.

To be honest other than the engine, which is hardly optimised, Crysis was nothing special at all it was a tech demo at best. Let the consoles have them I really don't see many people crying over it.

The most disgraceful thing in all this is as snootyjim said demos have gone from a way of testing games out to see how they play and how they run on your system to a stupid advertising gimmick. Yet I can fore see that Crytek will again throw their toys out of the pram about piracy when the PC version gets high downloads of pirated copies. It's their own fault and it just goes back to my main point of let the consoles have them.

The only shooter coming to PC this year worth even caring about is Red Orchestra Heroes of Stalingrad. Finally a proper PC dev making a PC exclusive to show everyone else how it's done. Sad really that the same publications claiming to support PC games give so much time and attention to piss poor console ports.

11. total zombie

total zombie What's a Dremel?

i dont really care if the idiots, sorry xbox owners get the crapo demo first, them who download it
    will be the beta/mug testers {sorry for sarcasm} first, hopfully us that love the PC will have a good game to play with for a while!:thumb:

12. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Don't care. Getting it on PC. The only way to play Crysis!

13. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

The irony is that the devs said consoles were holding back PC development, so they go and release the demo on 360?!

All these crappy devs that do exclusives on consoles I see as selling their souls for $'s.

14. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Microsoft probably paid them money.. who cares.. its a demo... do we really need to care that much about a demo?

15. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Pc version will wipe console version visually so something needs to be done to draw people to that version. I can't see any reason why anyone would go for console over PC provided they have a good enough one to run it.

16. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

xbox haters - if you were a kid again and playing quake on a pentium 2, then you suddenly got a 360 for xmas then you'd think of microsoft as gods. a 360 isnt rubbish, it's just not as good a machine as a modern gaming pc. I'd rather have a 360 and it's catelogue than an amiga and it's catelogue (yes i just said that!). I'm sure you get plenty of xboxers hating the wii and plenty of wii ers hating um well they just kids so they probably hate vegetables.
    I hope crytek make bucketloads of $$ from 360 so they put more R&D into their next engine.

17. demonisch

demonisch What's a Dremel?

No one has addressed the pre-order multiplayer XP boost thing. Am I the only one who thinks that is unfair?

18. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

im looking forward to this, was a pc gamer my-self for a few months but my xbox kept calling me back well, that and the lack of halo beyond halo 2 on the pc, crysisn was one of of my fav games so i cant wait for the demo plus the game comes out the day after my birthday :) but i can see why some pc gamers would be a bit pissed after it was a pc exclusive uptill now

19. SimonStern

SimonStern Registered Lurker

I lol'd :hehe:

20. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i was playing Half Life when i got Xbox with Halo. fun multiplayer experience but it doesn't hold a candle against Half Life in every other aspect.

next engine? CryEngine 3 was not needed at all from day one. it was just a bit of dumbed down CE2. at this rate, we'll see engine similar to CoD on Crysis 4.

on a topic related note, isn't there rumours that nVidia is injecting money into this game, and there will be possible delays to make it 3D compatible?

Tags: Add Tags