1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP installation error

Discussion in 'Software' started by M4RTIN, 11 Nov 2006.

1. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

just trying to re-install xp after upgrading. it goes to start up the installation after loading the drivers and i get a stop error..

heres the bottom of the screen showing the fault code
    [​IMG]

just going on the letters pci in there im assuming its a pci device, the only one i have are the geforce 6600 and a hauppage tv card. i tried taking out the tv card and it didnt change, i also put the graphics card in the other pci-e slot but it still had the same error.. anyone got any idea what it could be?

2. Strategy

Strategy Banned

RAM at fault.

3. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

really? never would have guessed that.. ill try taking a stick out, ive had no problem with both vista or ubuntu installing. certainly try it tomorrow morning tho

4. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

ive tried each stick of ram individually in each slot now. and run memtest for 2 passes.. still getting the same fault. id be inclined to say its the mobo at fault, but the problem is only with xp

*edit*

the ram is 2X512mb sticks of corsair xms2 5400
    cpu is E6300
    board is msi p965 platinum

5. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

oh well ive emailed about returning the mobo and ram. im not happy after spending over £340 on kit for it to not work 100% right. damn computers :wallbash:

Tags: