1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 1.3 million play Call of Duty 4 daily

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Apr 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I'm afraid i may be the 'one'. On a side note how does this compare to there whining about the volumes of piracy on the PC. Are those "monstrously huge" numbers caused by people with dodgy copies?

3. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

Hmmm looks like theres two already who havent played it

4. Jonagon

Jonagon What's a Dremel?

Neither have I, I downloaded the demo and the program wouldn't even start on my PC, and since my pc is massivly out of date I couldn't be bothered to work out why.

Barton core Cheesecake

...*sigh* one day i'll get together enough money to replace it :)

5. Shielder

Shielder Live long & prosper!

Started playing it the other day. Absolutely amazing!

Of course, I've just moved from an XP2500 and an FX5600 to a Q6600 and an 8800GTS, so the difference in performance is bound to be huge... Save up the money and get it.

Andy

6. K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T. Hasselhoff™ Inside

I play it on the 360!

My PC is massively out of date, XP3200 and x800pro but i don't have the money right now to don anything about it (will do soon hopefully though)

Barton's forever!

7. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

the new update on Live is kinda cool, bomb kill cams and increased sniper accuracy.
    its great that the maps usually make things pretty even class wise

8. Orionche

Orionche Guest

Regarding aimboting and general cheating... have they fixed that? Haven't turned on the damn game in over 5 months...

9. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Wait a minute.. There was a newsitem not so long ago, that 'they' where complaining about the sales of COD4 and piracy? And now they are saying the player count is uge and into the millions and counting. So wtf?

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

halo was a pile of crap to begin with, ive tried cod 4's MP and to be honest I wasnt that impressed, give me Q2DM1 anyday

11. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

must be because of the day today... i honestly don't believe it... must be lost sessions!

12. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

I play both on console and prefer COD4 far more. Both look totally beautiful, I find Halo has a slow kind of walking through water feel for me, far to dampened to my liking.

Trouble is though you can`t mute folk the same as Halo something I REALLY like.

13. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

CoD4 PC Cheesecake!

no other multi comes close at the moment, except CS:S.... even BF2/2142 is dying......... (yea gj EA)

14. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

Although not a pile of crap, I do believe Halo is overly overrated. (Can you really fit two in a sentence?)

I've seen my friend play CoD4, and myself dying for a chance to play it on my own PC. (P4 and 5900Ultra won't cut it). Oh well, 2 more months of over time maybe I can get something in preparation for SC2 and to get on with Crysis.

15. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Glad to hear CoD4 is doing so well online. I've rarely been able to get into an online shooter game the way I could with CoD4. Guess it's the way it feels. I can actually coordinate with a friend/group in CoD4 and do pretty well off. To me some degree of skill in CoD4 is required instead pray n' spray like some other games (not to knock it, that style does work well in some other titles but not in CoD4).

16. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Hmmm, I bought this game a few months back after playing MP side of it at a LAN session, but I've yet to get around to playing it since, I must put it on one day. :lol:

17. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

I'm pretty sure CoD4 has been on top of the usage statistics for a couple months now. Does anyone know if the number of unique users includes things like split-screen guests playing on Live? Anywho, I guess it's all a matter of personal preference I personally prefer Halo's multi-player and whether or not you believe the game is 'a pile of crap' or 'overrated' I still think that there's got to be something said for the infrastructure that Bungie has built up around the game.

18. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

It definatley has a wealth of beautiful options that appear to enhance the system no end, replay director and map/ ingame editors appear masterful. I think the fact I never played loads of halo2 alienated me from the start and I never really got anywhere with it (I was crap at it and I mean REALLY crap) which really annoyed me about it to the point I never even got to use these systems.

I had only played pc multiplayers up to that point and it had me thinking it was me, until I played CoD4 it was like abreath of fresh air. Something I could pick up and play when I couldn`t be arsed booting up the Bf2 or the now love of my life Tf2.

19. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

COD4, overtaking halo as the most overrated game in gaming history, really, same gameplay as 01 cod, with an outdated engine that somehow won best graphcis at e3. Prrof hype and biased sites like IGN and gamespot drive sales. Gee, another small linear level with bad AI, unrealistic weapons that feel like bb guns, endless spawning enemies, and trigger points.

20. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Not much variety in the way of popular shooters on the 360 to begin with, so CoD4 doesn't have any real competition for the genre. On the other hand, another popular record-breaking shooter from many years ago, Counter-Strike, had to compete with UT2003 and several games based on id's Tech 3 engine: Quake 3 Arena, MoH Allied Assault, Wolfenstein, Elite Force, Double Helix, Jedi Outcast and so forth.

Tags: Add Tags