1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays 1440p Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stormbringer500, 8 Dec 2014.

1. stormbringer500

stormbringer500 What's a Dremel?

2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

New models with display port 1.2a with adaptive sync and 120hz+ *PS/*VA panels will be appearing in the next couple months which should be in similar price range. If you're not in a hurry it may be worth waiting for them since you are AMD gpu user, it's essentially equivalent to nvidia G-sync.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

A you sure it's TRUE 120Hz. Because we already got "120Hz" IPS computer monitors. They failed miserably as they were like TV. 60Hz with emulation, and didn't impress anyone to attract media attention. I think EIZO made one 1-2 years ago. Quickly disappeared.

We have to wait for DisplayPort 1.3 for 4K 120Hz

5. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Yes true 120Hz+. Panels have gotten much faster over the last year. There are already some models out that can go upto 144hz that are other than TN which don't cost a fortune. Especially not if you buy one of those Korean brands.

6. PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn Unholy Cyborg Fruit Machine

Would just this it out there, but you can get 27" 2560x1440 monitor on eBay for 200 ish. Plus import duty etc. its around 260. So almost 1/2 the price of the Asus. And still a good 1/3rd cheaper than dell.

1440 monitors from big brands seem to dropped in price, so the price difference isn't as extreme as it once was.

I'm thinking of getting a second one (but with HDMI input so I can plug laptop into it when needed) and then mounting on monitor arms. (Probably biggest complaint is the stands are wobily, other than that I have no real issues. Some cosmetic gripes but that's it ( the gripes being there's some moulding on front that looks like a button, but it isnt , and monitor info on bezel (stuff like LED, that for some reason isn't removable)))

7. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

I have been using the dell monitor for 2 years, it certainly is a bit long in the tooth. Actual picture quality and viewing angles are great, the stand and connectivity are brilliant. I think the slow response time is an issue, I can lose the pointer particularly particularly in games and I am certain this has been surpassed greatly by newer monitors. Further the pricing at amazon is more than I paid originally, I have not bought from dell recently but if you were vigilant you would always be able to discount the price very heavily with offers and vouchers, a good quality dell monitor with a slew of discounts would definitely challenge most competitors on value, quality and warranty.

8. stormbringer500

stormbringer500 What's a Dremel?

I was more inclined to go for the Dell for some reason as it is going to replace my current U2412M which is nice and vibrant. Also has anyone heard anything good with this monitor friend recommended it http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-206-SA&groupid=17&catid=1120

9. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I really think its worth holding off monitor purchase for a few months. As Ivan said AMDs variable refresh rate technology is coming on the market. According to tech report, around march.

Given that monitors are such a long term investment I think its worth the wait. Monitors are not like CPUs / GPUs where the next big things is always a few months away.