1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress 900d 480/360 rad 780 classy custom cables and custom midplate!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Jthm4goth, 10 Nov 2014.

1. Jthm4goth

Jthm4goth What's a Dremel?

***Warning Opening Post is Long and Wordy***

This is the third version of my gaming computer since I built it in September 2013 and every time I rebuild it is new and better hardware.

My first verision of this build had no theme, no color coordination, nothing it was strictly a budget build. I completed the build in August/September time frame and at the time I loved it.

[​IMG]
    (Orginal parts pic)

[​IMG]
    (Orginal Build)

But than in December my Father-in-law asked me to build him a computer with a lot higher budget. After building his computer and having issues with my set up I knew I wanted something better. Which brought me to version 2. Now I put a lot of time and effort into version 2 the hardware was decent the build was decent but I started to rush the build and things became sloppy and well I just didn't like the quality of the build. It also didn't help that a bunch of my concepts fell through and I wasn't able to do some of the things I wanted to do. Now in my weird twisted mind it didn't make sense to me to remove the acrylic and remove the midplate and just redo those items. No that wasn't enough if I was removing all that I might as well change some of the hardware.

[​IMG]
    (Version 2)

Now Version 3 was suppose to be just a new motherboard and a new processor but different deals came along while I was waiting to order my motherboard or while I have been waiting for it to get here so a lot of parts changed or got added. Now truthfully from version one to version three the only parts that are the same are the hard drive and windows. Everything else has been changed.

Now to explain my theme or rather my color choice. Black and Red. I know I know we see Black and Red themed computers all the time with ASUS ROG being absolutely amazing and the best (yes I am a little bias) Black and Red themed computers are everywhere. But I chose it because I built my first computer back in 03-04 and it was a black and red theme. I have always loved black and red themed computers. Actually it is one of my favorite color combos with everything. Now I am hoping to do enough modding and changing of parts to set my Black and Red theme amoung the best (I know for an amateur thats setting the bar high but hey its worth a shot) and set it apart from everyone else.

Now onto Version III's Parts list

Case : Corsair 900D
    CPU: Intel 4770K
    Mobo: Asus Maximus VI Formula
    Ram: 16gb G.Skillz RipJaws X 2133mhz
    SSD: Intel 320 Series 120GB x2
    HDD: Seagate 500GB
    GPU: Evga GTX780 Classified
    PSU: Corsair AX760 custom sleeved