1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V A dumb question about Dell monitors?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by K, 23 Oct 2006.

1. toric334

toric334 What's a Dremel?

£700 on a monitor, and they can't provide a 50P Kettle lead..... :confused:

2. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Cost cutting I guess. If they sell 100,000 of them and save 50p on each by not providing them, that's quite a sizeable chunk of money. Although they should provide everything you need to get it going out of the box :grr:

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Yeah but they'll end up losing that £50k if even 10% of their customers call up and ask for one, since they'll have to pay for shipping a second time around.

4. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

When I got my 2007WFP they shipped a power cable in a separate box. I didn't have to specially request one. :confused:

Maybe the message is getting through.

Shipping such an expensive piece of kit without the cable that allows you to turn the bloody thing on is outrageous! Quite frankly, I would have done my bo***cks if I hadn't got one!

5. Callum

Callum What's a Dremel?

Their printers (at least for me, with 2 AIO 810s) don't come with USB cables either. My Dell 19" came with one, but it was separate, and I can't remember, but I think I had to check a box for it when I ordered.

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

That's SOP with printers though... I don't think any USB printer I've ever bought, or known that someone else bought (my mom has bad luck with printers, yet always ends up with another HP somehow :wallbash: ), has ever come with the USB cable. Though both of my Dell monitors included one, as well as the power, VGA, and DVI cables.

7. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

from my expericence when you buy a dell PC and monitor the power cable for the monitor is in the PC box, when you buy a monitor by it's self the power cables usually in the box, I would guess that they've either shipped the monitors from the wrong pile in the warehouse or if you bought then from a reseller they were orriginally part of a PC bundle.

8. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Well my 2005fpw came with a dvi cable, a vga cable, usb cable, UK power lead and US/European (can't remember which) power lead so by the looks of it I had the full bundle.

Looks like its random whether you get them or not but I think Sp! has hit a nail on the head here.

9. orb

orb satisfying.

My 2407 came with a power cable o_O