1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AcoustiFan

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 30 Apr 2004.

1. macroman

macroman The One

2. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

hi macro,

it looks like a great fan, but the reviews a bit short! i know its only a fan, but its really hard to differentiate all these 'silent' fans when they are all described as 'very quite'.

how does it compare to similar decibel rated fans?
    panalfos and papsts?
    do they move more or less air?

sorry to sound like im whinging :blush: it does look like a great fan, im just wondering how great it is compared to similar ones.

thanks a lot,

RoB

3. Vochraye

Vochraye What's a Dremel?

Nice review, Macro.

4. webchimp

webchimp What's a Dremel?

Plain fans for a good price - according to Evercol's website these are 79.14 cfm and under 30 dba. I've got a couple of these in my case, and they seem pretty good for just over a fiver. I've also got a couple of Evercool 80mm fans, I believe these are 30 cfm and under 25 dba, these were just over £2.00. All the Evercool fans were supplied complete with 4 self tapping screws. The 80mm fans are available in 3pin and Molex flavours, the 120 mm fans were 3 pin and included a 3pin to Molex adapter.

Considering the very low cost the specs are very similar to more expensive "stealth" or "quiet" fans from other manufacturers, provided your willing to forgo LED's and whatnot, a good buy.

5. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

I've got a 120mm one on an adapter cooling my Shuttle.. nice and quiet ;)

Tags: Add Tags