1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Alphacool tempts extreme PC builders with its NexXxoS rads

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 12 Apr 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

If they'd announced this a couple of weeks ago I think I'd have assumed it was an April Fool.
    Still, if you need the absolute biggest radiator possible, I guess they've cornered the market. Such as it is.

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

4. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I read that title as a partnership between Alphacool and @Nexxo. He’s not got time for that, Metaversa still needs finishing.

Cheapskate and Arboreal like this.
  5. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Just be warned when ordering from Alphacool from Aquatuning that they are EU based (despite using a .co.uk site address) and as such, you are liable for the import tax.
    I ordered one of their Monsta 480 rad last month and when it arrived I was slapped with a £50 import tax bill, and that's from ordering through the https://www.aquatuning.co.uk site....

6. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I'm pretty sure none of those are being made any more though, and I couldn't see any in stock in the first few places I looked. (Mind you, I'm getting very used to seeing "not in stock" when it comes to PC hardware these days).
    At the end of the day, I can't imagine that there's much of a market for massive radiators like these. I imagine that if Alphacool made 500 of these, they'll still have some still in stock in five years. And by then some other manufacturer will be proudly announcing one of their own ;)

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

8. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I notice they're showing prices including VAT so they're either charging UK VAT and paying it on to the UK. In that case request evidence of payment from AT and contact HMRC for a refund.

If they're charging EU VAT then firstly request a refund of that (although it won't cover the full amount you've been charged by HMRC and the shipper's charges) and then report them to Trading Standards as I would guess this could be classed as illegal sales activity/borderline theft.

I too have ordered from them recently but it hasn't arrived yet so this heads up is useful. I wouldn't normally order from AT as they've never been what you could call reliable or trustworthy and I note now that their shipping costs are a blatant rip off. However when they're the only one with stock there isn't any other option other than to do without.

9. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

They might be listing prices with VAT, but not charging it on checkout, check your invoice first (lots of sites list prices with VAT of the country they are based on, but will recalculate rates based on destination country during checkout/payment)

10. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I wish they'd list the cad file for the 200mm monsta!

11. Big Elf

They've definitely charged me VAT at 20% (German VAT rate is 19%)

12. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Cheers Elf. Will look into that.

I completely echo your comments that they were the only one in stock.

13. Big Elf

I forgot to update. I had no extra charges to pay when the package arrived. Did you resolve your problem Tattysnuc?

Tags: Add Tags