1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD’s Phenom TLB errata benchmarked

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 7 Dec 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

I would love to see them on top again, i loved it when the K7 was king and my Barton 2500+ could operate at 3200+ without any temp increase.

AMD, please bring back the glory days.......

3. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

what exactly is the benefit of this L3 cache?

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

A common area to throw common data between cores - it's far lower latency than main memory.

5. DrFreeze

DrFreeze What's a Dremel?

bah, thos performance drops look quite bad

and sorry, but saying that unless you want a cpu for its e-peen rating, this doesnt matter is just stupid. If i were to buy this cpu for some 3d rendering or content transcoding, all of a sudden my huge 3d render would take 11 hours instead of 10, lowering the value for money on the cpu. This doesnt just lower your bogomips rating, it can also cost you a good bit of productivity.

bah, i was a huge fan of AMD untill about a year ago, all this barcelona business has been a huge cock-up

6. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ehh Im building a Spider platform system but for cpu I will just use the 6000+ Black edition until some better quads come out and they work out some of the issues.

7. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

when doing tests/review can you find what programs/games will crash the pc with out the TLB errata fix (i asume you can turn it on and off via bios)

as far as i know is VMware does the crash

from the reviews that have been going around the Single threaded performace of an K8 chip is faster then an K10, so most of my games would take an performace hit (i have an 8800GTX so i am most CPU limited most of the time)

8. Jebus.exe

Jebus.exe Beta V1.0.0.1

give it a few months, the phenom will have all the kinks ironed-out, and there will be the re-release of the 9700 and some more higher end versions.

I'm also planning on biulding a spider, cause i can still see alot of potential in the new chip :thumb:

Tags: Add Tags