1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD launches Temash, Richland and Kabini mobile APUs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 23 May 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

Holy crap 4.1Ghz from the CPU in the A10-6800k. I know it still wont compete with the power of an i5 but that's still a fast CPU. I am also hoping AMD evolve the FX CPUs soon since I need an upgrade and would rather give money to a struggling AMD than a rip-off, sky high profit Intel.

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

Not only is 4.1GHZ impressive but it also has a very acceptable TDP for what it is. Obviously it could be better but like I said, it's a acceptable.

I too am looking to do an upgrade, preferably AMD based for the same reasons. I'm considering the FX-6300 since it seems to currently be the best valued x86 CPU today (in terms of price vs performance, nothing else) but will wait for what Steamroller offers. I have an 890FX board so I'm not sure if SR will even be compatible.

4. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

Some really interesting releases here, exciting even, looking forward to seeing how these perform in use.

Sidenote and off topic slightly- We've been with DDR3 for a while now, I wonder when we'll move to next gen RAM and what advantages it will bring?