1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD Radeon HD 6870 leaked

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Oct 2010.

1. Grape Flavor

Grape Flavor What's a Dremel?

oh no.. not more stupid branding nonsense. Moved all the products up a category from where they should be. I thought AMD was better than that. Guess they want to get gullible people to buy a "6870" thinking it'll be an upgrade from their 5870.

2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Why don't you wait for some facts before shooting your mouth off about something.

3. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

BFBC2 with all the lovelys on would cripple it at high res.
    FFXIV is brutal and kills my 1GB 4870 @ 1920x1080 so some settings turned down
    Crysis - well its crysis

Empire Total war - turn on the settings on high/highest and watch your machine grind to a halt.

these are just a few. the 4850 is a brilliant card but at high res you have to make compromises which to some people isnt acceptable.

im prolby gunna look at a 6x00 card as i dont like turning settings down but ill wait for reviews first.

4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

is it just me or does anyone find this article overall pointless? obviously amd was going to release the hd6xxx series next, that's just a given. but this article specified nothing about the performance, improvements, drivers, or even the release date. we got info about the codename and "eyespeed" without any description. we could live without knowing what those 2 things are until theres more info on them.

its nice bit-tech is trying to keep us up to date with the latest news, but c'mon... this isn't news, this is predictable and uninformed.

5. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

This doesn't pose a problem for the HD5870 (it runs relatively cool and quiet) so it shouldn't for this.

6. sb1991

sb1991 What's a Dremel?

From what little information has been released, it seems like the 6770 will be close to the 5850 in performance, and the 6870 will be quite a bit faster than the 5870.

7. John_T

John_T Minimodder

I don't think it's pointless at all, you can't just assume that everyone has read all the other websites that you've already been to. As a stand-alone publication, bit-tech are just trying to be full and comprehensive - I can't see anything wrong with that.

As an analogy I'd compare it to a meal, (because I'm currently quite hungry):

- A full article is the main meal.
    - A detailed preview is a starter.
    - This little snippet then could be likened to an hors d'oeuvre. Or perhaps even an amuse-bouche...

8. John_T

John_T Minimodder

9. rollo

rollo Modder

We still await figures

If the 6770 is priced at what the 5770 or 5830 is now people will buy nothing else if it's quicker than the 5850 as that card alone can run most games

10. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

That image looks thrown together ... it's not supposed to be a photo ... is it?!

11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I'll second that. If AMD keep the thermals at the same level then it's really not a problem.

Of course, that's taking for granted that the heat output does indeed remain the same or lower, and that the heatsink design isn't completely botched either by AMD or third parties.

12. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Yes your right it does seem a bit pointless
    anyone who can count could work out that the next release would be HD 6xxx and the one after that will be the HD 7xxx and so on.
    Very little other information has been given other than some connection ports and a codename.

But as you say, at least their trying

13. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

There's definitely something a bit off with that picture. There's something about the perspective. Even if it's a photoshop mockup based on a card someone has actually seen, it looks very long for a single GPU card.

14. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Look at the lettering, there is a distinct lack of background consistency. The actual fan looks like it has been drawn on, the metal and PCB connector look photoshopped ...

Or maybe I'm wrong ...

15. Makaveli

Makaveli What's a Dremel?

I agree with this ^^^^

There are plenty of games that will murder a 4850. You either have a small monitor and playing at a lower res or your version of max settings is different from everyone elses.

I have a 4890 and find games that I cannot max out and its surely faster than a 4850.

To be fair everyone version of playable is different and I have a feeling what is playable for you wouldn't be for me.

16. Bionic-Blob

Bionic-Blob What's a Dremel?

Yup, the text's perspective doesn't match the card's perspective.

17. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

actually i haven't been to any other websites, and thats my point - unless amd goes out of business, its obvious that they're going to release a new video card with a name like hd6xxx and that it will simply be better than the previous series. and guess what, nvidia is going to release a gtx5xx series and that will probably be released in 2011, but theres no article on that anywhere.

the point is, why write about an article about obvious information, when all you have to supply people is with obvious information? the codename and eyespeed are the only non-obvious instances, but we have no info on them anyway so thats irrelevant.

18. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

I didnt mean to suggest a 4850 can play EVERY game at max settings......just that the games that i have bought play at max settings..

I dont want or own ANY of the games suggested as being too much for a 4850.....

19. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Im torn between the 6870 and the 6770, I will have to wait and see how the performance is between the two cards and figure what I really want to budget for.

20. Mraedis

Mraedis Minimodder

Whether it is coming soon or years away.

Duh?

Tags: Add Tags