1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News American Mcgee talks Grimm

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 30 May 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. GamingHobo

GamingHobo What's a Dremel?

Can someone please tell American McGee to shove his shite games. Another member of the former id Software cast off crowd!

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

24 episodes is far too many

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It sounds like a good idea, but you need to trim the episodes down to maybe 3, and one idea per episode? That's a joke. It'll be the lamest game ever if you've only got 1 thing to do.

It was such a good idea to resurrect the tales and add a bit of dark humour to them.

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

kcuf episodic content, especially that amount of episodes.

6. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

sounds like fun to me! nothing wrong with episodic games as far as i'm concerned [shrugs]

7. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

Meh, more American McGee idiocy.

8. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Episodic gaming is fine as long as the episodes are reasonably priced(where the episodes add up the price of a few full games depending on the episode length and amount), not too many in number, and come out at a decent rate(I want HL2:EP2 already!). If a company could pull that off episodic gaming could be a good thing.

9. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

QFT Gravemind. Episodic gaming has been done well on a few titles, like the Sam and Max and Bone series. Some genres are suited to it and some aren't. Adventure games have short production times and can provide decent length quite easily so they're the best bet, while FPS's take ages to produce and most players can just breeze through them in 3-4 hours as i'm sure we all did with HL:Ep 1. HL: EP 2 has taken way too long and if Valve continue with epsiodes in their main franchise afgter EP 3 then they'll start losing interest. They need to get Gordon sorted in another long game and possibly continue Portal, or other spin-off games episodically.

10. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Ah that's unfair, American McGee's Alice was a thoroughly enjoyable game. Whilst the gameplay wasn't all that innovative, the truely inspired art and style of the game more than made up for it. And that bit where you meet the doormouse who's had his legs ripped off and a large metal toaster shoved up his arse. Moments like that make games.

But 24 mini games? Oh kill me now that sounds like a truely awful idea. Oh dear American what have you done?

11. CardJoe

I just wish he didn't have to make each game an ego trip. Stop trading in on your funny name and we'll all take your games a lot more seriously.

12. GamingHobo

GamingHobo What's a Dremel?

Indeed, I could forgive rubbish games if every one of them didn't have his name in the title.

13. CardJoe

The stupid thing is, even if you didn't know him from doom and then you;d know him from Quake and Alice. After Alice he's not done any great games and by attaching his name to every project since then he's directly hurt himself as a franchise. It's like corporate self-abuse.

14. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

This surely will have Le's Thompson up shouting, ranting and raving about how gaming kills.. Gimme humour noir, and loads of it. Now, who wants to buy an Albatross?

Tags: Add Tags