1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Are EA and/or Dice working hard enough?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by airchie, 13 Mar 2010.

1. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

I assume there's quite a few people in the same boat as myself.
    Have bought BF:BC2 and love playing it....when it works.
    Which is not often. :(

It is rare that I can complete a round without the EA server disconnecting.
    Occasionally, at quiet times, I have played 7-8 rounds no problem.
    So, what I want to know, what are EA and/or Dice doing to remedy the issue?

IMO, they need to do more to engage their customers directly to let them know what they are doing to resolve the issues.
    I would love Bit to contact them and get the inside info on exactly what they percieve the issues to be and how they're addressing them?
    I hate to picture them at home with their feet up when all their paying customers aren't getting what they paid for!

OK, I feel slightly better now I've vented. :/

2. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

Well according to their twitter feed the severs are down for maintence. Does the pc version have a news feed in the bottom corner like the console version by any chance?

bc2 twitter feed

3. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Yeah, has the little news ticker along the bottom saying they're aware of the connection issues.
    Not exactly information ovorload though! :D

Thx for the feed, I'll check it out... :)

<EDIT>
    Hmmm, seems they're added the extra servers and its still buggered. :(

Last edited: 13 Mar 2010
  4. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

Well had just had a few games and everything seemed fine for now.

5. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

I've been playing without any issues for days now.

I do work during the day though.

6. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Aw man, that sucks. Though not for you I suppose! :D

Maybe its something on my system?
    Is everyone playing flawlessly now except me? :'-(

7. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

I've only been online the one time but everything seemed to be good. And that is really good considering I was connecting to the CPC server from over here in the states.

8. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I agree tbh. The server browser really is terrible and there have been times where my friends cannot join the games I am in at all even though the server has spaces. I just kinda logs them out of the EA service.

Additional rant: RPG's should not do so much damage to troops. I vote a nerf is in order :p

9. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Hmmm, even though I'm apparently logged in I am now lvl1 instead of lvl10.
    Lame.

I hope to fcuk they sort this out asap.

I would dearly love to see a Q&A with Bit and someone at Dice/EA in the know with what they're doing to fix it.

10. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

The funny thing is that Bad Company 2 was touted as being more PC focussed than MW2 with proper dedicated server support meaning a smoother online gaming experience. As always, the reality is different.

11. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

Well. They will probably get these issues orted out in a few weeks, with MW2 you're still having issues with host disconnects, lag and latency issues months after the release.

12. GingerFox

GingerFox What's a Dremel?

Arnt the servers going down today at 8? To add more hardware. Or was that yesterday, i can't remember.

13. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

My simple answer to the question raised by this thread would be simply; No, and they never have.

Having bought and played most of the battlefield series, most notably BF2 and BF2142, and seeing how horribly written, buggy and downright unacceptable they were in so many ways, my view of EA and/ or Dice has always been the same. I personally think their involvement in Crysis was a mistake as well. And don't even get me started on the mess they made of the NFS series :grr:

2142 is buggy and requires several patches to make it work on a fresh installation to this day, and it was released years ago. There is a very specific way that you must install those patches as well, sometimes requiring you to install the same one twice, in different places. It's my honest opinion that EA are nothing but a corporate machine. All they want is money. The have no interest in how well polished or revolutionary their games are, and they certainly don't care about the people who buy and play those games.

14. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i think to be fair we here a hell of a lot more from dice than most devlopers, twitter is always in use and the ticker on the home screen in game. certainly more than you get from IW or bioware.

imo you expect a little too much, they've said they know some people are experiencing problems and they are moving to sort it out. certainly more than we ever got with MW2 which is still almost unplayable to many people and defines lag at the best of times.

its the first time this engine has ever been on PC, there are bound to be issues. patience is a virtue