1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Assassin's Creed PC specs released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Jan 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

It'll be fine!
    I'd definitely like Bit-Tech to take a look at this when it finally rolls out, as I spent £450 on a new PC instead of a PS3 or Xbox!

3. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

wow! these specs are crazy! thank god that i got this game on my 360. I spent £600+ on a new build in the summer and i would think i would have the trouble running most of the effects at medium.

I'm sure this out specs Crysis, UT3 and stranglehold!!!

4. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

out specs, but doesn't look as good. Typical port

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Meh, game doesn't intrest me at all anyway.

6. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

3gb ram seems a bit steep, do the consoles even have half that? I think you may be right about the lazy unoptimised port, my prediction it won't sell that well and they'll use it as another nail in the we're not going to bother making PC games coffin.

7. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Well both the xbox and ps3 are multi-core machines so its not strange that multi-core cpus are even minimum recs, I give up on the gfx requirements for Pc games though ... the xbox gfx chip must be 'half' a generation old so thats odd.

8. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

well ill have a new PC by then so im not all that bothered i do hope its not a badly optimised port tho

im thinking it wont be at the moment only due to the delay in getting it out

9. Florian

Florian Minimodder

This had better be a significant improvement over the PS3 and 360 versions to justify those requirements. But it's probably just the usual lack of optimization that is so common in PC games nowadays.

10. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Erm, how can they say DirectX 10 is a requirement, but then list Windows XP as a recommended operating system?

11. jakenbake

jakenbake full duplex

My friends girlfriend beat this game in 1 day on xbox over christmas break. and she doesn't play video games. i think that tells you more about the game than anything.

12. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Well, it does say after that, "...or DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher".

Just not worded correctly, i think. Should be minimum req a DX9 card with SM3+ with a recommended req of DX10...

13. Tim S

Tim S OG

AFAIK, it just requires the libraries. You will be able to play the game perfectly well with a fairly recent SM3.0 card (thinking X1950 Pro here).

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oh please that isnt high, anyone whose serious about they're gaming will be more then covered, but then anyone whose serious about they're gaming probably isnt going to be interested in a console port.

/me goes back to crysis

15. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Haha, didn't know this was coming out on PC, £5 to the first person to make a Spiderman 'skin' for Altair!

16. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

So, soon we're going to be heading for games that require 4gb or Ram and therefore 64-bit os, this is good in the sense that it will help make this the defacto standard and we can do away with 32-bit entirely for new OS's. Especially good as that EFI (thing that is replacing BIOs hopefully) is also 64-bit only.

But, as for the question raised at the end of that news bite, is it pushing me towards a console? Well...yes. I have a pretty decent specced machine (see sig) and payed alot for it in May last year (now the same rig is a fair bit cheaper, not hugely so which is good for me) but there is the constant ballache of having to update the drivers and alter settings to get it to play smoothly, and the fact that some great games don't get FRICKING RELEASED (I'm looking at you ace combat 6, you b-a-s-t-a-r-d-s), but then there is the catch that the pc is simply much better for certain games such as WIC et al.

The game that causes me most annoyance though is San Andreas. Obviously the shooting part means you love the mouse, but the flying and driving aspects really need something like an xbox controller, but who really wants to swap from one to the other to get the best of both worlds?! Would any of you do that? (Or should I say, do any of you do that? Do any of you use controllers on your pc to play certain games like Gran Tourismo etc?)

Sorry that I've gone on a bit of a gramatically sparse rant but it all just came to me so I was typing what I was thinking.

17. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

I would in no way call those steep. It's about time a game required (or highly reccomended) a dual core CPU. My two generation old PC meets those requirements easy. However, the reccomended 3gb of ram is highly suspect. Looks like it'll be another crappy port that I will avoid.

18. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Not even close, but that's the most affordable requirement to meet these days. I got 4GB of RAM for my laptop for $80 a couple weeks ago and I think it's even cheaper in desktop systems.

19. willowthewhite

willowthewhite Minimodder

DX10... oh please let it be, I so want this game to look better on the PC, just so I can justify buying my graphic cards rather than a PS3. Just need to add some ram and I'm sorted! 3Gb on XP is cutting it fine though.
    EDIT: just spotted the DX9 soundcard please don't tell me they're using EAX, I don't want the mind **** that is creative hardware!

Last edited: 23 Jan 2008
  20. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

AFAIK EAX is not the same as direct3d sound. So basically you need a card that supports the directx sound api, which I think most do.

Tags: Add Tags