1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asus has AMD Fusion mini-ITX in development

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 12 Aug 2010.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I wish they'd spend the extra dollar and put gigabit internet on most or all boards. As has been mentioned before, I'm a big fan of mini-ITX / low power systems for fileservers and having to add a PCIe gigabit card, especially when you only have one slot to play with, is a pain in the arse.

2. alpha0ne23

alpha0ne23 What's a Dremel?

Even though its an asus I'll still buy one on release day.................unless Gigabyte release similar

At last a true HTPC board that will be OK to leave on 24/7 without upping the power bill too much

3. Meaty Pete

Meaty Pete King of the Potato People

18w tdp is what does it for me. passive cooling surely at that level meaning regarding the case its a 'case' of how low can you go profile wise. 'Scuse the pun. Long live HTPC!

4. Xir

Xir Modder

I do, and it says that DTSHD and TrueHD only works over HDMI as Toslink is limited in bandwidth...
    That said, I don't hear any difference between "normal" digital surround and DTSHD :D

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Toshlink like RCA is limited to AC3 5.1. You can use LPCM (? forgot the damn acronym) to output each channel individually in HD, or use HDMI 1.3 but it requires a compatible (expensive) decoder and even then it's all only as good as your speakers.

6. Xir

Xir Modder

Well, every HDMI input 7.1 Amp really these days.
    But you're right, to actually hear the difference you'll need more.

Tags: Add Tags