1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Asus Transformer TD300 Android

Discussion in 'General' started by oblivion181, 14 Jan 2014.

1. oblivion181

oblivion181 What's a Dremel?

Hey everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLiBynaNvQk

I may be a little bit slow here but, if this is running android on an Intel i3/i7 does this mean we now have android that works on an x86 architecture CPU. Because I was under the impression that it was not possible without emulation and even then it was insanely slow even on high end systems.

Have I missed the point when android works natively on x86 or is this really new?

2. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

was thinking exactly the same when i read about this, i wonder if its just emulated REALLY well at an OS level wrapped in a thin layer of linux or something?

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

The Android-x86 project has been running for some time and, outside of Google, Intel has the largest Android development team in the world. We have launched several Intel-based products running Android - the TD300 is just the latest, but it's the first to run Windows/Android on the same CPU and hard drive.

The entire range of phones we announced at CES are Intel Atom-based too.

4. oblivion181

oblivion181 What's a Dremel?

I see, I might have to have to find myself a 5th HDD and try installing android and see how well it runs now :)

5. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Personally I wouldn't buy another Asus Tablet.

My TF101 never worked correctly - I only realized this recently when using a friends similarly spec'd first generation tablet from an Asus competitor. It was my first tablet, and first foray in to android, so I assumed the constant crashing, errors and connection dropouts were due to underpowered hardware or an immature operating system....Nope, hardware - It's currently in a cupboard after bricking last month for no reason (It just refuses to boot despite the only thing it had ever been used for was reading news on the potty, as it was not fit for anything else due to the constant lagging and crashing).

6. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

Funny. Mine did the exact same thing in early December. It booted after I plugged in the charger, I shut it off a few minutes later and when I went to use it a week later, just a blank screen.