1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Band Of Brothers

Discussion in 'General' started by P2D, 16 Feb 2006.

1. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Borrowed the box set off a friend today at around 2ish, The set contains 5 dvds with 2 hours of video on each. I have just finished watching the absolute BEST movie in my life. This thing is amazing! I've sat for 10 hours solid watching every minute of it, glued to the screen! At first i thought maybe i'd watch one or two hours, but after the first one i literally couldnt wait to see the next part and the next, and the next. Anyone out there that likes movies you have GOT to watch this- Its stunning! I can't get over it. I've never seen anything like it. Its a war film (duh), but its totally different to say, "We Were Soldiers" and the likes. Its so good im even considering watching it all again tomorrow!

Normally i get bored of movies/tv after an hour or so, but this managed to keep my attention for a full 10 hours, and i was actually annoyed that it wasn't longer!

Discuss.

*edit* movie / series / documentary / whatever you class it as.

2. MaximumShow

MaximumShow Minimodder

Agreed... this is an excellent mini series.

3. allforcarrie

allforcarrie Banned

And it is pretty accurate. watching the interviews is amasing, I ahave always been interested in WWII. If you havnt seen it, check it out.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Fantastic mini series. I remember being back in Uni in 2001/02 watching it on TV, then I got the metal box set the Christmas before last. Great investment.

5. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

is it cheap to buy now-a-days?

6. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

i re watched it only a few weeks ago.
    its simply THE best ever WW2 thing ive ever seen. the way the original participants from the 101st is breathtaking, i was in awe listening to them tell their part at the beginning of each episode.
    best dvd ive own :)

7. FredsFriend

FredsFriend What's a Dremel?

I agree quality series. It doesn't glorify it like a lot of other war films, seems to show how bad it can get.

8. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I used to video this on a Friday off BBC 2 while I was out on the lash, and watch it the next day whilst recovering from a hangover... ah to be a student waster again.

I think I've watched the whole series maybe 5 or 6 times since on DVD. Superb.

9. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I caught a bit when it was on Tele, been meaning to buy it ever since tbh.
    Just never find myself with money when I see it ;)

10. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

anyone know where to get it ultra cheap?

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Play or Virgin

12. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

£40 from tesco for the 6 CD box set.

Anyone else notice as they was running around through Carentan just how much it looked like COD2? I never really thought it looked anything like that, just some map the game devs made up- but as soon as i saw that first building with the corner blown off towards the start of the scene i couldnt help but think "So over to the left is that wire chicken shed thing, and forwards is that cafe"

Mike

13. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I love this,

I keep re-watching it every half term with my m8s late at night.

14. chemo

15. .308AR

.308AR What's a Dremel?

I agree. Great series. If only Munich and the latest Star Wars weren't crap Spielberg would be alright.

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Spielberg lost the plot with A.I. to be honest. I don't think he had anything to do with the latest Star Wars trilogy (which is crap, I agree), but he had a brief moment with Minority Report before he sunk into mediocrity again with War of the Worlds. In that movie you see frustrating little glimpses of his genius alternated with long stretches where he gets it so, so wrong... Don't know what Munich is like. I hope he redeems himself a bit.

17. Chucjy

Chucjy What's a Dremel?

Band of brothers is spot on watched it over and over forgot how many times got them all of tell first time they was on and got it on dvd the day it come out...

18. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

We used to watch it in history lessons for fun. The only one I remember was the one in the snow with a sniper (I think). I really need to get the box set, as I enjoyed the ones I saw on the TV.

19. chemo

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Speilberg is the most overrated director ever. Like you say, moments of genius but struggles desperately to keep it up for a couple of hours.