1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield 1943 PC confirmed for September

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Jun 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Can't wait for this, but the decision to not release any more content seems really stupid. How hard is it to just develop a few new maps for £5?

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Well seeing as the multiplayer is more based on Bad Company rather than the regular BF games I'm surprised it's even being released on the PC.

4. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

More intrested in BF3

5. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

For £10 seems like a no brainer. Still, it does smack of lack of effort, Battlefield 1942 is still for many the best of the series so a proper revision would be an instant money-maker. EA and their wicked ways. Surely the devs who made this who can see this as cutting corners feel ashamed? I mean, imagine if you were an artist, doing a painting, but were then told by your sales manager that you had to finish, just splash some paint on it'll be fine - wouldn't you be embarrassed?

6. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Just where is this going to be available for download from?....Steam?...EA?...DICE?

If its EA, they can politely Fxxx off....they have already ripped me off with a Battlefield 2 Special Forces expansion download a few years back.

7. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

"Battlefield 1943 will be a downloadable, streamlined version of the original Battlefield 1942"

This is what's holding me back. I already own BF1942 ( as I'm sure most here do ) So why would I buy it again with fewer features than the original had?

Last edited: 19 Jun 2009
  8. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

+1 if its EA im not touching it, ive tried loads of times to get 2142 add-on to work only for it to give me the finger right back.

even rang EA support who were not helpful at all .

although for me a paint job and 1 new map is not worth £10 but it will have super currency exchange so except £15 in UK
    as $15 US = £15

9. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

They aren't saying no, they just aren't saying yes yet. Ie. They are taking a "wait and see approach". If the game is successful, you better believe they are going to be selling additional maps. 1943 is a cute project for those at dice that miss the original 42, but don't want to spend an entire multi-year dev cycle like on say BF3. So use the Bad Company 2 engine, remake the old game with a more streamlined approach, do only 3 maps in a short amount of development time on the cheap. If it doesn't do well, no harm and not a big loss. But if it hits big, then they can treat it as a platform and essentially resell you the entire 1942 game, at probably way more then the $50 you paid for the original.

A modern updated graphics engine(trailers look preeeety) , with fully destructable buildings. And it's only $15. It's been long enough that I miss 1942 (none of the WWII mods for BF2 really hit that same arcady feel of the original) but going back to the original after being used to today's graphics would be unpleasant, as it doesn't age well. Plus it's on the console if that sort of thing floats your boat.

It's different enough to catch my interest, the same enough to probably still be just as fun, and cheap enough that it won't be much of a risky for me to give it a try.

10. SubtleOne

SubtleOne What's a Dremel?

I'm more psyched about Battlefield Heroes personally.

11. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I wouldn't be, i have a trial for it, and while the gameplay is fun for a new-game type laugh for a bit, the price of weapons, upgrades, emotes etc is rediculous.

Especially as clothing is a month only item...

12. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

While it looks nice and seems to have some very nice touches, its just trunkated Battlefield for the console masses. I'm not entrierly certain why its coming to PC other then as a technology tester for BF3 or to try jump start the EA download service if not on steam / impulse.

I really dont understand quite what DICE are playing at TBH.

Oh, and lest we forget: http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2009/02/17/put-your-questions-to-dice/1 :D

13. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I wouldn't mind the delayed PC-release, if they put the extra time into making the console-PC-port better. I'm not at all impressed by some console games that have been just slapped on PC. (Burnout Paradise for starters)

On the other hand, I'm not too psyched about the game to begin with.

14. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I will be bypassing all future BF related crap and stick to Arma2 thanks.

Tags: Add Tags