1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Battlefield is in a pretty piss poor state in terms of its development and broken promises.

Net code is still a joke
    Lots of balancing needs to be done
    We have NO second assault, its way over due.
    There is NO levolution in china rising. It was taken out because they could no finish it in time.

I paid £60 for BF4 with premium, starting to loose faith in DICE.....
    Maybe they got in over there heads with the amount of AAA titles there working on right now like Mirrors Edge 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 3, ect.

Im still having lots of fun with Battlefield none the less, Just wish DICE would step up.

2. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Defuse camera fixed

3. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

True that they've failed to understand the competitive scene, they are lagging behind. However, the problem with BF is that it's 64 players, meaning 32 player teams....just too big and unwieldy. Moba games tend to be 3 v 3, so much easier to manage.

Even getting 8 people for a 8 v 8 is probably quite hard, and wouldn't play up to the best that BF has to offer. Although I suppose, COD gets 12 v 12 regularly.

4. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

@sotu: In BF3 the comp. game mode was squad rush, so 4v4. BF4 has changed squads to 5 counts, so the comp scene would adopt most likely, 5v5 defuse, contingent upon map design.

5. Concrete-Coffin

Concrete-Coffin Minimodder

new update today

Today we are rolling out a new PC update for Battlefield 4. This patch will address several stability and balancing issues, graphical glitches, repair rate speeds, and more. You will find the full patch notes below, and as always, in the Control Room.

Jan 13 PC Game Update Notes
    -Various fixes for improving general stability
    -Fixed a memory leak issue occurring after level shutdowns, which could result in a out-of-memory crash in longer play sessions
    -Additional fix for the “sound loop” deadlock when running High/Ultra graphics settings
    -Added a warning for using Legacy AMD drivers that were out of date
    -Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done
    -Fixed a bug where players’ rank icons on the scoreboard would not be updated
    -Fix for Asian users unable to start Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 on Windows 8.1
    -Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before
    -Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
    -Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
    -Fixed a bug where a M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
    -Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons.
    -Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other. F35 & J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile.
    -Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier
    -Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch
    -Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs
    -Fix for player spawning under the map when deploying on Lancang Dam
    -Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

They still haven't fixed the black screen when you spawn so you are visible before actually being able to move on screen. Zero spawn protection what so ever.

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

That explains how i managed to spawn on the end of someones knife a month or so ago, i literally spawned to see my tags being ripped away, this makes sense, he saw me before i seen a damn thing in game and he acted! DICE *******

It shouldn't be much to ask for the game to work surely :sigh:

8. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

I haven't played in about a month and I feel a lot less stressed for it!

Not missing the game at all tbh, dayz and oddly DoW2 have all my attention at the moment.

Last time I did play though I couldn't find a server where the teams were evenly matched, my team didn't seem to grasp the concept of capping points. My squad (on vc - mates) and I were doing what we could, but the other team just worked together better.

9. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Could it be, fingers crossed they've finally sorted it.

10. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

I just played a couple of rounds. I don't think I'll be buying premium or anything battlefield again, not so long as DICE are left in charge of it. I said the same with CoD and I haven't bought another one of those.

Just lucky I only paid £26, you win some......

11. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

BF competive has always been about vehicle conquest, BF2 8v8/12v12 at its height though with time infantry mode brought 6v6 infantry which kept BF2 going.

BC2 had a competive scene for a while with 5v5/6v6 infantry but it didnt last due to the game having no battlerecorder to cast with.

BF3 the competive game modes where 6v6 Infantry and 8v8 Vehicles both died out due to lack of support and no battlerecorder from Dice- their was a active 4v4 ladder.

BF4 the main competive mode is domination for infantry, BF4 competive will not last long as like BF3 we are still stuck with the same netcode and hit detection- its not built for competive play and map design is poor, though we do have spectator mode.

Defuse is not played at all, BF does not need to be made to be like CSS/CSGO, their is already a established game for it.

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I've owned this game for 2 months now and I have yet to install it... Says it all really. I still have my gripes with the gameplay and netcode in BF3 never mind this. Most annoyingly of all I've been shot after ducking behind cover more times than I care to remember in BF3 over the past few weeks. It just doesn't work properly, all this time later.

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I don't play competitively (and I don't think BF has ever been a 'pro' series) - so I'm LOVING it. Sure you sometimes get killed behind cover, but 99% of the time the game is just plain awesome. Just don't take it too seriously

The map design is an incredible step up from BF3, and it looks absolutely stunning. I would urge just about anyone to give it a go (unless you are a super l33t h4rdc0r3 Counterstrike player)

14. nchhabs

I disagree wholeheartedly; as a long-time CS player, I would love to see BF have an option for my 'way of playing'; which it certainly did have in BC2 and BF3, despite their flaws.

That's the great thing about game modes - it gives us a choice to play the style we'd like to play; those who want the random casualisation of 64 player Op Metro/Locker can play on those maps, with 1500 ticket Conquest games.

Those who want infantry-based competitive play can play Defuse (assuming they ever get it to work properly).

Those who want vehicular competition can play 8v8 or 12v12.

At the end of the day, the game needs to support these options to be long-lived.

Whether or not another game exists out there is irrelevant - I'd like to see DICE commit to being good at something however, rather than being a jack of all trades/master of none.

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

No it doesn't, it really, sincerely doesn't.

BF2 has conquest and conquest modes only, yet it still has a healthy population of players nine years later. CS is built on three modes that haven't really changed in fifteen years.

Right now (11:33am), in Europe, exactly two people are playing Defuse mode in BF4 (versus thousands for every other mode but Air Sup), it's pretty safe to say the community at large doesn't care about Defuse, didn't particularly want defuse and would gladly trade it for improved function or better maps for Conquest and Rush (or to get Squad Rush back, which was BF3's main competitive mode).

For a game to last it doesn't need to do fifty things, it needs to do one or two things so well that people will always come back.

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I was, once :(

17. October

October Mariachi Style

I'm still thoroughly enjoying BF3 (although a few of the modes are getting thin on the ground) but I've had 4 in my Amazon basket for ages, just waiting on people to stop posting about how broken it is before I buy it. Maybe someday I'll get a game at the start and not have to die lots learning the maps...

18. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Conquest is still a lot of fun, with the exception of the slow server ticks it's only a little more broken than BF3 now, at least for conquest.

19. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Dice are very good at Conquest with Vehicles, this has always been the main draw of the Battlefield series and should always be this way.

The popularity of the BF series has produced more game modes, some to the benefit of the game and others to the detriment of the game.

Defuse game modes need good netcode and hit dection 2 things which BF3 and BF4 lack as Dice do not care about esports, BF4 is just a public game for fun.

20. nchhabs

Bolded section was essentially the conclusion of my previous post. I would also gladly accept squad rush coming back, but looks like DICE have other plans (i.e. finishing the game :lol:).